Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photo Sharing Website....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    drizzle
    drizzle  1 United States
    4 Sep 2012 - 2:54 AM

is there another photo sharing website out there that is lile ePhotozine, but more American based? I love this site, but competitions and such are mostly impossible unless I live in the UK... kinda frustrating.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Sep 2012 - 2:54 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2012 - 9:38 AM

What's impossible about the competitions? Themes are usually world based. If now we can look at remembering to ensure they don't exclude overseas entries. If you mean the prize is only UK, then all you need to do is have a friend or relative who could accept the prize on your behalf and then send it to you. We do try to pick sponsors who can offer world wide prizes but that's not always possible.

Last Modified By Pete at 4 Sep 2012 - 9:38 AM
    drizzle
    drizzle  1 United States
    4 Sep 2012 - 12:48 PM

I don't have any friend or relative in the UK, but even so that's besides the point. It didn't really answer my question.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2012 - 12:55 PM

Well I like to find out what's frustrating about our site first ...and you haven't told me Smile

drizzle
    drizzle  1 United States
    4 Sep 2012 - 1:01 PM

Well, you try being from the US and just trying to keep up with everything on the site xD Everyone in the forums is in the UK and talking about UK related things, contests are mainly for UK entries, and many things int he articles are written for the UK. And everything is in pounds and etc. I'm not planning on leaving the site or anything, so I wouldn't worry about that Smile

mikehit
    mikehit  46147 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2012 - 3:01 PM

Now you know how use Brits feel when looking at the profusion of US sites (photography or otherwise) Wink
    I have tried various sites and the nearet US site I have had that I enjoy is Luminous Lanscape (they tend to be rather more technical over there) but I have not found one that is as relaxed and friendly as this one.

User_Removed
    4 Sep 2012 - 3:20 PM

I'd agree with mikehit about Luminous Landscape.

It is the best US site that I have found .....but nowhere near as helpful as this one.

If you remember that the World Wide Web was the invention of a British scientist working in Switzerland, that might help explain why Europe is always that wee bit ahead of USA. And, within Europe, Britain has the advantage of speaking a reasonably similar language to America.

Wink

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2012 - 3:28 PM

photo.net
    not used it myself though

whitehall55
    4 Sep 2012 - 4:08 PM

Try www.photoblink.com its Worlwide and a great community - Not as many users as here but some great guys. I use bothe sites.

drizzle
    drizzle  1 United States
    4 Sep 2012 - 6:42 PM

Thanks guys! I plan to still stay on here, but I may check out those in addition!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.