Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

photo software editing

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tech
    tech  4 United Kingdom
    6 Aug 2012 - 9:29 PM

Sad hi can anyone advise me on what to get for editing my photo's and where to get it,i'm looking for a wide range of things i can do with them,i.e. recompose images, image editing and manipulation tools.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Aug 2012 - 9:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB
    KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Aug 2012 - 9:31 PM

You do not mention budget. Are you looking for shareware or paid for software. Lightroom is highly recommended for wat you specify

tech
    tech  4 United Kingdom
    6 Aug 2012 - 9:35 PM

i dont mind paying for software thank you

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139430 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Aug 2012 - 9:44 PM

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 for about 50 may suit you. Smile

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2012 - 8:56 AM

Also check out the GIMP, more featured than Elements, but not as capable as full photoshop, and its free. It takes time to get used to though, so if you are going for more advanced than Elements think about getting a decent reference book or trying some of the on-line tutorials. I found the quick start books very good, but other books are available.

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 61192 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2012 - 10:10 AM

Nik software as a plugin for elements/photoshop etc.

puertouk
    puertouk  21072 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2012 - 10:50 AM

If you have the money to spend on software, the best is Photoshop CS6, but it's not cheap

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2012 - 11:09 AM

Quote: If you have the money to spend on software, the best is Photoshop CS6, but it's not cheap

Say's you, others will argue the toss......Because it's 'industry standard' and is what most pro's use doesn't make it necessarily the best. It's a whole heap of bloat-ware if you want my opinion and something most folk would only use a fraction of it's capability. I know I have a version

Paint Shop Pro X is a fraction of the cost and is just as capable, same could be said about most other programs available. If you wish to get into graphic design which might from time to time use photography and you have the money burning a hole in your pocket, then fine go for PS.....More fool you if you ask me, because you still wouldn't need half of it's functionality. Adobe themselves realised this, which is they brought out Elements and Lightroom....

Seek alternatives......

AdeWink

AlexandraSD
    7 Aug 2012 - 11:35 AM

If you are fairly inexperienced at using image editing software then i wouldnt go for the biggest and most technically advanced software on the market, just settle for Elements for now, it is quite good for what they do, and the price is very good.

I began in 2001 using elements 1, and in 2004 i went for elements 3, but by then i was already getting familiar with its limitations, back then there were no layers to use, so that kinda prompted me to go for photoshop 7 within weeks, which by the time was outdated by CS1, and i used photoshop 7 for years until i upgraded in 2009 for CS5 extended. Had i gone for the biggest bundle out there from the start then i would probably been too confused and bewildered by its capabilities, but as it was, i built my experience up gradually and it paid off. I am in no hurry to get cs6, cs5 does everything i need right now, never used lightroom so i dont know what im missing.

I have tried other software in these past 11 years, GIMP, which i found distracting more than anything, and PSP, which i just didnt like for some reason, though my father rates it highly, i found it to be rather boring and never really done anything with it.

tech
    tech  4 United Kingdom
    7 Aug 2012 - 1:51 PM

thank you all its been interesting seeing all the points of view and its taken onboard,i am going for the adobe photoshop elements 10.if there's anymore dont hesitate please let me know, regards techGrin

Metalhead
    Metalhead  61875 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2012 - 1:58 PM

No-one's mentioned the obvious choice and that is the software that came supplied with your camera! Looking at your pics it states they were taken on a Canon 500D. Canon's DPP software has many functions and is well worth having a better look at before splashing out on the paid alternatives.

tech
    tech  4 United Kingdom
    7 Aug 2012 - 2:32 PM

will do regards techGrin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.