Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

photo uploading.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

johnnelly6as
8 Feb 2012 - 9:23 AM

Just needing a little help. Can anyone tell me when is the best time to upload photos for maxium views? My photos aren't bad and i'm just wondering if i'm not posting them at the best time thats why i'm not getting many views?? Can anyone suggest a premium time and day for maxium publicity?

Cheers

John Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Feb 2012 - 9:23 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 9:29 AM

If you take a look at Members online page this will tell you whether its busy, or not, so you can time your upload if that helps.

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 8 Feb 2012 - 9:29 AM
pmorgan
pmorgan  7217 forum posts England13 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi John, you've got some really nice work, so I can see how you would be wondering at the lack of interest. I have found that it can take time to get noticed initially. After a while, once a few people have added you to their favourites things will pick up. To be honest I have over 300 people in my favourites, so I tend to go through the good stuff that I've missed of theirs first, which I'm guessing a lot of people do on here - we've all got busy lives outside ePz Smile

As it's an international site, the time of day shouldn't matter, as theoretically people from all over the world are awake - that said for the UK I would aim to be posting between 6-8pm and see if things improve.

I've just added you as a favourite, so that's at least one other person following your work! Wink

Good luck
Paul

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
johnnelly6as
8 Feb 2012 - 1:06 PM

Thanks very much Paul a very big confidence boosting complement from someone of your calibre. I'll try posting around the times you suggested and see how it goes.

Cheers Paul
John

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64537 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 1:23 PM

I'll add you to my favourites too John. Excellent work.

Quote: To be honest I have over 300 people in my favourites, so I tend to go through the good stuff that I've missed of theirs first

Good grief Paul, I've got about 35 faves and I thought that was a lot!!!

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64537 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 1:24 PM

Quote: I've got about 35 faves

Oops, just checked - 83. Must have another cull. Lots of them have left though. Grin

Briwooly
Briwooly  8452 forum posts England5 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 1:34 PM

Hi John just another point and it's an old cherry you have been on the site 3 months and have only made 18 comments yourself and wether we like it or not that does not help to get you noticed.i have you on my fav list,and like everyone else members don't have time to to look at all the pics so you need to get noticed hope this helps.

Brian....................

johnnelly6as
8 Feb 2012 - 2:49 PM

too true Brian, i do need to make more of an eff Grinort with comments. Thank you for the add Grin

And thank you also Chris I am very greatful

SlowSong
8 Feb 2012 - 2:59 PM

Well don't be too grateful John. I don't vote on all my faves but don't worry if I miss a couple. Some subjects I'm more drawn towards, but again, if someone uploads similar images all the time then it gets a bit dull. You haven't been around long enough to get repetitive yet so I'll keep a lookout. Grin

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 44029 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 3:51 PM

Check out people whose work you like, add them to your favourites and start leaving comments on their work.

Like Chris, I don't comment on everything my favourites put up, but that's merely a time issue as I don't have as much time for ePz as I would like. I always comment though when I upload, if you want comments/critique, then you have to give as well, it's a two way thing.

Malc

SlowSong
8 Feb 2012 - 4:03 PM

Quote: Check out people whose work you like, add them to your favourites and start leaving comments on their work.

John can't have Favourites as he's not an E2 member.

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91909 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 4:17 PM

Quote: John can't have Favourites as he's not an E2 member.

If he's not an E2 member he's done well to upload those large images.Grin

Stick at it John - they will come, they will come >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SlowSong
8 Feb 2012 - 4:33 PM

Oh, have I read the E2 benefits wrong? I thought you could only have faves as an E2 member. My error. Sorry. Smile

SlowSong
8 Feb 2012 - 4:39 PM

Just checked. Looks like I was right. See here.
http://www.ephotozine.com/e2signup

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 44029 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 4:44 PM

Chris....the OP is an e2 member....it says so next to his name...good to see others have senior moments, not just meTongueGrin

...now where did I leave whatever it was I was looking for....

Last Modified By saltireblue at 8 Feb 2012 - 4:45 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.