Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

photo views

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    bobsblues
    bobsblues e2 Member 4bobsblues vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    30 May 2012 - 5:57 AM

Woudn't it be interesting if epz allowed the individual who uploaded the photo to see who actually was viewing it
    Don't know about you but sometimes I'm curios to know where and who actually views but dont comment or vote ,
    Surely they could enable a feature for you to see who views your photo , does anybody agree
    Rob

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 May 2012 - 5:57 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84277 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
    30 May 2012 - 6:08 AM

To be honest Rob, No.

I think it might cause some bad feeling - knowing someone has seen your image, but moved on (for whatever reason) without voting is sad enough, but to see who it is might tempt some to contact them and ask why!

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    30 May 2012 - 6:15 AM

I'm with Karen.....Next you'll be wanting to make it compulsory to give an explanation as to why it get a didn't vote or have a comment made on a shot!

Sometimes you open an image that looks interesting as a thumbnail, only for it to be a completely rubbish or flawed in some way when viewed large. Keep things as they are. If an image get viewed, well at least you know it was interesting enough for someone to have looked twice.

AdeTongue

bobsblues
    bobsblues e2 Member 4bobsblues vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    30 May 2012 - 6:20 AM

Fair point .
    Rob

JohnParminter
    30 May 2012 - 9:07 AM

There are only a few hardy and loyal souls that view my images and I know who they are as I can count them on two hands so there is no point in your suggestion Rob I'm afraid ..... Smile

PinkK
    PinkK  580 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 May 2012 - 1:21 PM

Although it'd be interesting to a point, I don't think I would want to know who the 60+ (for example) people are who viewed but didn't vote or leave a constructive comment on my image, when I have 20 others who liked it. It would be nice to know why they don't like it, and offer advice on how to improve, but I think knowing who they all were would drive you crazy. I do, however, wish you could remove a comment someone has left if you found it a bit obnoxious or a bit 'full on' and in no way constructive...but it doesn't come under the 'abuse' category.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84277 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
    30 May 2012 - 1:26 PM

Surely if you were able to do that, you would leave yourself open to someone coming back and demanding an explanation as to why you removed their comment. This could cause even more problems!

PinkK
    PinkK  580 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 May 2012 - 2:36 PM

Hmmm I guess so Karen, depends on the comment they left in the first place I suppose

mikehit
    mikehit  56444 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    30 May 2012 - 3:10 PM

I think just knowing the number of views is enough.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.