Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photobooks..!

shannron 8 97 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2008 11:33AM
Hoping you can help me here folks,

For my final practical HNC exam which the hand in for is in 5-weeks time. We are to submit our work in a photobook.

I have had a look at a few mypublisher.com photobooks and can say that, yeh they are ok.... but I wanted to find out which other companies are out there, quality is vitally important to me.

I dont mind paying a little more for good quality. Im looking for a large size book to show of my work, they must also be based within the UK..

Any ideas, im slightly worried as I have no experience with regards to photobooks or building them using software. I will be heavily marked for presentation within the book ))

Thanks !

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SteveCharles 12 2.3k 18 England
28 Apr 2008 12:18PM
The only one I've used is MyPublisher, and I was very impressed with the quality and speed of service. They are actually USA based, but their speed of delivery and communication is extremely good.

Others to look at are Blurb, Yophoto, Bob Books.

Steve
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
28 Apr 2008 12:24PM
these books seem to be the new hot topic!

I used BLURB for my last book, everyone who has seen it was very impressed - big hard backed book etc.
BubbaG2000 7 767 1
28 Apr 2008 12:56PM
I read that Blurb gave out faulty books (pages falling out after 2nd opening). That was a couple of months ago though, so not sure if they've improved things?
shannron 8 97 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2008 1:11PM
Everyone seems to be going photobook crazy at the moment,

Having only real one shot at this I really want to try and make sure that its a good un,
dathersmith 7 550 12 England
28 Apr 2008 1:37PM
I had one done by Photobox a while ago and it was pretty good but not outstanding (the binding didn't look so strong but it has held together so far). This months Digital Photo mag is reviewing photobooks and I think fotobook (www.fotobook.co.uk) came out top.

Darren.
zed 10 551 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2008 1:41PM
mypublisher seemed the best for me.
martinl e2
11 255 2 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2008 8:15PM
Another vote for mypublisher.
Uploaded Sunday afternoon, shipped Monday, here by Thursday, and good quality too.
Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.