Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photobooks - Photobox, Aldi or Others Question

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
23 Oct 2012 9:38PM
I want to make a photobook. Quality doesn't have to be Blurb standards, it's a fun thing for a friend for Xmas with some snaps, cuttings, memories that mean stuff to us. A scrapbook almost, but no glue, just images, I actually plan to create each page or double page spread in Photoshop at 240ppi. Has anyone done it like that before, any advice / pitfalls?

Not sure what to go for but Photobox do A4 26 pages for about 25. Not sure what the build quality is like? Are Aldi better. Don't want to spend much more than 25

All suggestions welcome.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
23 Oct 2012 9:53PM
Albelli won the Gadget Show's test of several. Made one for a friend, very impressed with ease of use and delivery. Recommended.
23 Oct 2012 9:57PM
Take a look at Bob Books, the paperback version is OK. Forget about the templates, make each complete page (or double page spread) in Photoshop and place it into the book. If you can use Illustrator, so much the better.
Alex.
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
23 Oct 2012 11:31PM
Bob Books are excellent and so is Aldi (printed by Cewe now). I have used both. Bobs may have the edge as they do an excellent glossy paper but price may be a bit higher. We use Bobs as an alternative cheaper wedding album as they do a very good lay flat book.
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
24 Oct 2012 8:29AM
Just had one done by Albelli...very pleased Smile

I got 48 pages on a Soft backed landscape Medium for around 24 with postage

ps use topcashback and get up to 12.12% back GrinGrin
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
24 Oct 2012 4:15PM
Same great answers, got names to try I hadn't heard of before, good prices too, thanks appreciate it.
25 Oct 2012 5:42PM
Im completely hooked on vistaprint they have some AMAZING deals they do photobooks....

Carol

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.