Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photobooks - Photobox, Aldi or Others Question

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    23 Oct 2012 - 9:38 PM

I want to make a photobook. Quality doesn't have to be Blurb standards, it's a fun thing for a friend for Xmas with some snaps, cuttings, memories that mean stuff to us. A scrapbook almost, but no glue, just images, I actually plan to create each page or double page spread in Photoshop at 240ppi. Has anyone done it like that before, any advice / pitfalls?

Not sure what to go for but Photobox do A4 26 pages for about 25. Not sure what the build quality is like? Are Aldi better. Don't want to spend much more than 25

All suggestions welcome.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Oct 2012 - 9:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottishphototours

Albelli won the Gadget Show's test of several. Made one for a friend, very impressed with ease of use and delivery. Recommended.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    bigalguitarpicker

Take a look at Bob Books, the paperback version is OK. Forget about the templates, make each complete page (or double page spread) in Photoshop and place it into the book. If you can use Illustrator, so much the better.
    Alex.

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 61193 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Oct 2012 - 11:31 PM

Bob Books are excellent and so is Aldi (printed by Cewe now). I have used both. Bobs may have the edge as they do an excellent glossy paper but price may be a bit higher. We use Bobs as an alternative cheaper wedding album as they do a very good lay flat book.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Oct 2012 - 8:29 AM

Just had one done by Albelli...very pleased Smile

I got 48 pages on a Soft backed landscape Medium for around 24 with postage

ps use topcashback and get up to 12.12% back GrinGrin

Last Modified By cats_123 at 24 Oct 2012 - 8:31 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    User_Removed
    24 Oct 2012 - 4:15 PM

Same great answers, got names to try I hadn't heard of before, good prices too, thanks appreciate it.

myhappyplaces
    25 Oct 2012 - 5:42 PM

Im completely hooked on vistaprint they have some AMAZING deals they do photobooks....

Carol

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.