Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photobooks

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Daisy_intheMill
12 Jul 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hi,
I was introduced to Tastephotobooks by an ephotozine tog and have enjoyed producing books with this company.
In uploading one today I'm finding that the site has gone weird - just an advertising banner come up with Google ads. Does any one else use this company - had any problems? Has the company gone bust? Sad

Can any one suggest a similar company with software that I can use that offers a range of opacity of the background, and ability to make templates of pages to use in the future?
Many thanks for any suggestions,
Jude

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Jul 2010 - 10:31 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

going_digital
12 Jul 2010 - 10:52 AM

Yes, it looks like their domain name has been taken over buy some domain squatters that register names that have not been renewed to direct traffic to their lame ad riddled sites.

Daisy_intheMill
12 Jul 2010 - 11:21 AM

So does that mean the company are still in operation possibly?

going_digital
12 Jul 2010 - 11:50 AM

It looks like they have probably gone.

You could try this free book offer http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Exclusive-offer-for-ePz-members-from-Albelli-1... also Aldi, Photobox & Pixum might be worth looking at.

MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 91072 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jul 2010 - 11:07 PM

Just had a book done of wedding photos at www.blurb.com/, recommended on here by another tog. Very pleased with the results, extremely reasonable prices and not a long delivery, 7-10 days.

Last Modified By MalcolmS at 12 Jul 2010 - 11:08 PM
Daisy_intheMill
13 Jul 2010 - 8:59 AM

I thought I'd left a comment yesterday -
Thanks going_digital for the suggestions - the Albelli one isn't for macs yet tho.
Malcolm - that sounds interesting - I'll give it a look - thanks!

Daisy_intheMill
13 Jul 2010 - 9:31 AM

Just had a look at Blurb.com and am impressed so far - like the custom page options. Why can't they add an opacity option tho?!
Thanks again!

Bridgelayer
16 Jul 2010 - 8:01 PM

I've just got my freebie back through the post from Albelli and it's not three bad.

Good value and good reproduction on the 14 x 14cm book, but I will be trying the larger one later - when I get the chance to sort some stuff out.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 8:16 PM

Quote: I've just got my freebie back through the post from Albelli and it's not three bad.

It was interesting that not many people took this offer up. We thought a free Photobook was a brilliant offer (just postage to pay), we were very surprised at the lack of interest. I'm glad you're happy with yours Smile

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
going_digital
16 Jul 2010 - 11:46 PM

Don't get me wrong but this site is so busy with stuff flashing in your face all over the place that I didn't even notice it myself until someone pointed it out in the forum. I think that may be part of the reason why so few people are taking it up.

User_Removed
17 Jul 2010 - 10:58 AM

Likewise. I did not notice it until today.

Bridgelayer
17 Jul 2010 - 7:54 PM

It took about a week for the book to arrive.

I've got another freebie to come from a purchase on Easy Jet, same size etc.

It'll - sorry - they'll be a nice reminder for the family from Oz who visited in November.
SmileSmile

kaybee
kaybee  103823 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2010 - 10:36 PM

I took you up on the offer and really like what came back.
I also liked hat fact that they later sent a satisfaction questionaire to make sure they are doing the best for the customer

jimthistle73
17 Jul 2010 - 11:00 PM

Hopefully they've listened to past clients and upped their game - I tried one a year or so ago and it was absolutely terrible. The first had a truly awful blemish on the bride's face. I complained and eventually received an email telling me it was my fault. I kept complaining and they offered (eventually) to reprint it. I sent the files through again with a note detailing the blemish.

It came back with the wrong names on the cover (some confused Danes were obviously left wondering who Lynne and Brian were!) and with the blemish still there.

I kicked right off and to their (slight) credit, they reprinted again, explaining in a very patronising fashion that I had turned on the red eye function and that the blemish was all my fault (I hadn't, it wasn't). Couldn't recommend them.

Blurb, however, are excellent - I find the interface a bit clunky - it always takes me ten minutes to find the option to pay extra to remove their logo. Otherwise, an excellent book for the money.

Tarrby
Tarrby  5 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2010 - 8:01 AM

Tried the Albelli Freebie and was very pleased, notice it's advertised again in this newsletter, but with same discount code, so I suppose we can't use it twice, Pity!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.