Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photobooks

Daisy_intheMill 10 145 1 United Kingdom
12 Jul 2010 10:31AM
Hi,
I was introduced to Tastephotobooks by an ephotozine tog and have enjoyed producing books with this company.
In uploading one today I'm finding that the site has gone weird - just an advertising banner come up with Google ads. Does any one else use this company - had any problems? Has the company gone bust? Sad

Can any one suggest a similar company with software that I can use that offers a range of opacity of the background, and ability to make templates of pages to use in the future?
Many thanks for any suggestions,
Jude

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

12 Jul 2010 10:52AM
Yes, it looks like their domain name has been taken over buy some domain squatters that register names that have not been renewed to direct traffic to their lame ad riddled sites.
12 Jul 2010 11:21AM
So does that mean the company are still in operation possibly?
12 Jul 2010 11:50AM
It looks like they have probably gone.

You could try this free book offer http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Exclusive-offer-for-ePz-members-from-Albelli-13929 also Aldi, Photobox & Pixum might be worth looking at.
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
12 Jul 2010 11:07PM
Just had a book done of wedding photos at www.blurb.com/, recommended on here by another tog. Very pleased with the results, extremely reasonable prices and not a long delivery, 7-10 days.
13 Jul 2010 8:59AM
I thought I'd left a comment yesterday -
Thanks going_digital for the suggestions - the Albelli one isn't for macs yet tho.
Malcolm - that sounds interesting - I'll give it a look - thanks!
13 Jul 2010 9:31AM
Just had a look at Blurb.com and am impressed so far - like the custom page options. Why can't they add an opacity option tho?!
Thanks again!
Bridgelayer 7 567 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2010 8:01PM
I've just got my freebie back through the post from Albelli and it's not three bad.

Good value and good reproduction on the 14 x 14cm book, but I will be trying the larger one later - when I get the chance to sort some stuff out.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
16 Jul 2010 8:16PM

Quote:I've just got my freebie back through the post from Albelli and it's not three bad.

It was interesting that not many people took this offer up. We thought a free Photobook was a brilliant offer (just postage to pay), we were very surprised at the lack of interest. I'm glad you're happy with yours Smile
16 Jul 2010 11:46PM
Don't get me wrong but this site is so busy with stuff flashing in your face all over the place that I didn't even notice it myself until someone pointed it out in the forum. I think that may be part of the reason why so few people are taking it up.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
17 Jul 2010 10:58AM
Likewise. I did not notice it until today.
Bridgelayer 7 567 United Kingdom
17 Jul 2010 7:54PM
It took about a week for the book to arrive.

I've got another freebie to come from a purchase on Easy Jet, same size etc.

It'll - sorry - they'll be a nice reminder for the family from Oz who visited in November.
SmileSmile
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
17 Jul 2010 10:36PM
I took you up on the offer and really like what came back.
I also liked hat fact that they later sent a satisfaction questionaire to make sure they are doing the best for the customer
jimthistle73 10 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
17 Jul 2010 11:00PM
Hopefully they've listened to past clients and upped their game - I tried one a year or so ago and it was absolutely terrible. The first had a truly awful blemish on the bride's face. I complained and eventually received an email telling me it was my fault. I kept complaining and they offered (eventually) to reprint it. I sent the files through again with a note detailing the blemish.

It came back with the wrong names on the cover (some confused Danes were obviously left wondering who Lynne and Brian were!) and with the blemish still there.

I kicked right off and to their (slight) credit, they reprinted again, explaining in a very patronising fashion that I had turned on the red eye function and that the blemish was all my fault (I hadn't, it wasn't). Couldn't recommend them.

Blurb, however, are excellent - I find the interface a bit clunky - it always takes me ten minutes to find the option to pay extra to remove their logo. Otherwise, an excellent book for the money.
Tarrby 5 1 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2010 8:01AM
Tried the Albelli Freebie and was very pleased, notice it's advertised again in this newsletter, but with same discount code, so I suppose we can't use it twice, Pity!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.