Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photobox - colours wrong

chelle 9 77
3 Jan 2012 1:08AM
Hi!

I have just had some photos back from Photobox and the colours of all the prints are just really wrong. Has anybody else had this problem with them?
I have been using Photobox for years before this with no issues until my last order and this order (in my last order I received somebody else's a4 prints, and my a3 prints went missing).

I don't know whether it is my screen or not, but I calibrated it before ordering the prints, and have checked the calibration again since. The prints still look fine on my screen. I am not sure whether to complain or not, but don't want to if it is my own fault!

I used Pantone Huey to calibrate the screen. Does anybody know how reliable this is? Is there anything else I could have done wrong?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graysta 9 1.1k England
3 Jan 2012 6:54AM
Complain they will have to reprint for you.They did it to me once on a photobook and they reprinted, never used them since. If you want to check your colour's go run a print off at one of the high street outlets for the sake of a few pence it should give you a clue as to who's right.

Graham
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
3 Jan 2012 7:25AM
I don't think the Huey is the very best calibration device but the point is really that you shouldn't need super-accurate calibration and profiling to get reasonable results from people like Photobox. They themselves use a bog-standard sRGB workflow which is designed to keep things simple and doesn't require any colour management on their part. So yes, you need to tell them you're not satisfied and get the photos reprinted.
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
3 Jan 2012 8:28AM
... with my previous post in mind, is there any possibility you didn't send sRGB files to Photobox? That would probably cause problems with colour.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.