Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photobox - colours wrong

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    chelle
    chelle  877 forum posts
    3 Jan 2012 - 1:08 AM

Hi!

I have just had some photos back from Photobox and the colours of all the prints are just really wrong. Has anybody else had this problem with them?
    I have been using Photobox for years before this with no issues until my last order and this order (in my last order I received somebody else's a4 prints, and my a3 prints went missing).

I don't know whether it is my screen or not, but I calibrated it before ordering the prints, and have checked the calibration again since. The prints still look fine on my screen. I am not sure whether to complain or not, but don't want to if it is my own fault!

I used Pantone Huey to calibrate the screen. Does anybody know how reliable this is? Is there anything else I could have done wrong?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Jan 2012 - 1:08 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graysta
    Graysta  91118 forum posts England
    3 Jan 2012 - 6:54 AM

Complain they will have to reprint for you.They did it to me once on a photobook and they reprinted, never used them since. If you want to check your colour's go run a print off at one of the high street outlets for the sake of a few pence it should give you a clue as to who's right.

Graham

Last Modified By Graysta at 3 Jan 2012 - 6:57 AM
    GlennH
    GlennH e2 Member 81822 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jan 2012 - 7:25 AM

I don't think the Huey is the very best calibration device but the point is really that you shouldn't need super-accurate calibration and profiling to get reasonable results from people like Photobox. They themselves use a bog-standard sRGB workflow which is designed to keep things simple and doesn't require any colour management on their part. So yes, you need to tell them you're not satisfied and get the photos reprinted.

GlennH
    GlennH e2 Member 81822 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jan 2012 - 8:28 AM

... with my previous post in mind, is there any possibility you didn't send sRGB files to Photobox? That would probably cause problems with colour.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.