Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photobox - Fast Service

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MeanGreeny
20 Mar 2008 - 7:01 AM

Since we tend to do a lot of moaning on here I thought I'd redress the balance somewhat.

I wanted a couple of 20x16 prints in time for Easter and, since I couldn't get the Peak Imaging custom uploading program to install I thought I'd give Photobox a try for a change.

- Uploaded Sunday night at 23.47
- Monday morning I woke to an email timed at 03.44 saying that my order was in the post.
- Delivered first thing Tuesday morning - and of the required quality.

Outstanding.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Mar 2008 - 7:01 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

aftertherain
20 Mar 2008 - 9:14 AM

I use Photobox a lot.
I have to lighten my originals to get the print I want but they provide a calibration thingy on site Smile
They are also very quick at putting things right if you aren't happy which counts for a lot in my book. Smile

pepperst
pepperst  62328 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2008 - 9:31 AM

Always super fast for me, some friends have had minor problems that were quickly solved, one even got free extra prints because they were a day late.

Can be a little dark, but I haven't used the calibration thingy yet

EmmaG_M
EmmaG_M  6136 forum posts United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2008 - 10:34 AM

I use photobox for all my printing and have never had any reason to complain, A1 service every time!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2008 - 10:38 AM

I used to use Photobox all the time till I realised that it was 7 times cheaper to use Pro Am in Bradford

Now I get all my prints at 18 by 12 inches as they're just a quid!

I think they were 7 at photobox?

Pro Am also give you a printer profile so you can see what the shots actually look like on your callibrated monitor.

Photobox were invariably darker than you expected causing many of my landscapes to look more "miserable" than I wanted.

However, for 20 by 30 inch prints, I use photobox still - though EPZ member Judith Kruger's started doing big prints so will be using her if I need owt big doing.

aftertherain
20 Mar 2008 - 10:57 AM

Trouble with Pro Am is that you can't just upload to their site you have to send of a CD which all takes time.
If someone orders a print it's usually for someone's birthday, three days hence -with Photobox I can meet that order.

rictac2
rictac2  10150 forum posts England
20 Mar 2008 - 11:08 AM

Photobox do some direct fulfilment through theimagefile for us, but prices and online ordering much better at DSCL - all the benefits of ProAm but order online today, receive work tomorrow.

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
20 Mar 2008 - 11:18 AM

Agree with Photobox, anything uploaded before 4'ish in the afternoon gets delivered next day. As someone has said, people often want a print at short notice, which for me puts ProAm out of the running. Plus I can't be bothered to save to CD, go to the PO etc, much easier just to hit the upload button.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2008 - 11:19 AM

Pro Am are working on an upload service they assure me, but with them being so busy as it is, they are a bit pushed for time to impliment it.

I only live a 7 miles from the shop - I guess that's a benefit Smile

There is more work involved - re-crop at 402DPI, set the colour profile etc - but after the first time you do it, it's easy peasy. Set up action in PS to most of it for starters.

chrisco
chrisco  859 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2008 - 11:27 AM

agreed,photobox are spot on for the quick turn around and quality of print,now if they could only drop the price nearer to a quid.....! Wink .Actually the last time I got some prints done they had a buy 1 get 1 free offer on anyway so I did a few at the same time,saved a wedge!,worth keeping an eye on the offers if your not in a hurry.

ade_mcfade
20 Mar 2008 - 11:45 AM

yeah - the offers are good, but even their cheapest ever offer for 16 by 12's was 2 a shot.

I got about 40 done

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022898 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2008 - 11:57 AM

Trouble is you have a product that is worth less than a fiver in reality. To ask more is, to me anyway, a rip off.

I see so many dubious prints on sale at 50 and upwards for what is a cheap production job.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2008 - 12:08 PM

Another thumbs up for Photobox.

There was some rumour on thier forum that the issue with slightly darker images was/is being looked into......

franken
franken e2 Member 113098 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2008 - 12:39 PM

I've used them for years, never had a problem that wasn't soon sorted. I recently received 6 A4's that arrived damaged; I emailed them and they despatched replacements the same day.

Ken

janovilas
janovilas  10218 forum posts England
20 Mar 2008 - 1:39 PM

I like Photobox too & can vouch for their excellent customer service. Living not too far away, collection is also an option that they cater for too...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.