Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photobox

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85912 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2007 - 9:51 PM

I am sure I read in one of the threads a while back about uploaded images to Photobox, that to obtain the best results the images needed an increase in brightness to compensate for the printing process
Searched everywhere but can't seem to find it
Would be extremely grateful if anyone can throw some light(excuse the pun) on the subject

Cheers
Adrian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jun 2007 - 9:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Simon_Palmer
7 Jun 2007 - 9:58 PM

I have had several books printed by Photobox. I did nothing more than save them with the sRGB profile, made no adjustment to Sat or anything, sent them off and voila. I have to say that I am very, very impressed with the quality of the prints.

Simon

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Kris_Dutson
7 Jun 2007 - 10:27 PM

I use them a lot and have to make no adjustments either. As long as you're using a calibrated monitor you should have no problems.

poetslane
poetslane  11 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2007 - 10:28 PM

I too have had photos printed by photobox - enlarged to 30 inx20in - with no adjustments and they are fantastic. Fast and reliable people.

RipleyExile
7 Jun 2007 - 10:31 PM

I've had one set of prints where they came back dark, but every other time they've been good.

peter_davey
7 Jun 2007 - 10:52 PM

I would Agree that a tweak to brightness is required and I am too on a calibrated monitior.

The prints are great and service is the best, I ordred late 11pm on a Monday 7-30am Wednesday they were on my doorstep - 200 prints!!!

Can't touch this Smile

Last Modified By peter_davey at 7 Jun 2007 - 10:52 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2007 - 11:00 PM

If you have not used Photbox before you can ask them to send you a test card for comparison on your monitor.

We have used them a lot and they really are fantastic in all areas.

Smile

phil beale
phil beale  111502 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Jun 2007 - 11:15 PM

just used proam imaging and very impressed with the service and quality also their prices undercut photobox 16x12 for 1

Phil

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
7 Jun 2007 - 11:28 PM

Quote: Just used proam imaging and very impressed with the service and quality also their prices undercut photobox 16x12 for 1

Have you costed the CD, the postage, the shoe leather to walk to the PO, your time in all this?
Think I'd rather pay the extra, stay sat at my desk, hit the upload button, and so long as they are sent before 16.00 'ish, they'll pop through my letter box the following morning.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022910 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2007 - 11:36 PM

1 for a 16x12 and you expect quality?

LOL

phil beale
phil beale  111502 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jun 2007 - 12:22 AM

I don't spend hours on the computer hoping they are going to upload to photobox then pay 6 times the price. whats the cost of a disc 20p and i'm quite happy to leave the computer and visit the letter box at the end of the road.

The quality
Quote: 1 for a 16x12 and you expect quality?

it was after recommendations on epz. Yes i'm happy with the quality i believe it is equal to photobox but happy to try any other recommended companies you have Keith if you don't mind sharing.

last order came to 28 this would have been well over 70 with photobox. So for me a good saving.

Phil

Graysta
Graysta  91134 forum posts England
8 Jun 2007 - 7:15 AM

Just had a 20x30 done at photobox,the quality & service where 1st class.definatly reccomend them.

Graham

aftertherain
8 Jun 2007 - 9:25 AM

I have to tweak the brightness - if you ask they'll send you a colour match photo so you can get it right.
You can check the colours from this page

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85912 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2007 - 9:55 AM

Just sent a couple of images off to PB for A4 printing....awaiting the results with intrepidation
Thankyou all for you assitance in this matter

Adrian

Last Modified By tomcat at 8 Jun 2007 - 9:55 AM
agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
8 Jun 2007 - 11:50 AM

Quote: 1 for a 16x12 and you expect quality?

LOL

I wouldn't have the heart to charge someone 50-60 for a print that cost me a quid! Working on a normal mark up, I could only charge a fiver, at most!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.