Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

"Photographer" Types...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014728 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2014 - 8:42 PM

Just starting a new blog series on "types of photographer" - a lightly tongue in cheek look at the type of people who "take photos".

Pretty sure there is no hobby which attracts the variety of people - from teenage goth girls to retired coal miners....

First one goes out tomorrow... entitled.

1 - Geek and Tech Addicts

Which is all about people who crave new kit, know every stat there is about everything, ever, yet rarely actually use their cameras...

I've got 9 so far...

Any suggestions Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Mar 2014 - 8:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111517 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2014 - 9:10 PM

The 'I like to get it right in camera' brigade. Tongue

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82279 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom123 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2014 - 9:29 PM

And the 'polish a turd' type - those who think photoshop can rescue any piece of old crap, and somehow make it a brilliant image. A sister group to this is the "HDR it to within inch of its life" type.

Overread
Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2014 - 10:08 PM

Rockwellians (followers of the way of Rockwell)

Suffering artists (its not art unless the photographer suffers in its taking)

Film purists

Glass plate purists (rumoured to be extinct now barring some remote corners of Scotland)

Rugged Wildlifer (you know that guy/gal who's always at least half or fully dressed in camo)

Prime Perfectionists (primes only none of those zoom things!)

Macro Addicts (yep those people who subject us all to multi-eye'd flies and giant spiders).

franken
franken e2 Member 113050 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2014 - 10:10 PM

The machine gunner - the person who shoots off about twenty shots of everything.

capto
capto e2 Member 2989 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2014 - 11:08 PM

Everyone except me.Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314927 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2014 - 11:27 PM

Me, I`m just a flasher Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314927 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2014 - 12:43 AM

Quote: The machine gunner - the person who shoots off about twenty shots of everything.

Yep that will be the one trying to get it right in camera Smile

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014728 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2014 - 1:30 AM

definitely got some overlap going on here...

I got "twitcher" instead of "rugged wildlifer" - very short passage about being confortable in their own company... Wink

oh - and fantasy HDR creators. if it ain't disney, it' doesn't work, darling

mikesavage
mikesavage  12233 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2014 - 2:17 AM

Quote: The 'I like to get it right in camera' brigade

That's me... Blush

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110169 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2014 - 4:00 AM

Surfing Dudes, only happy when in a wetsuit working up to their waist in salt-water with a GoPro Hero on each shoulder and their 20K worth of camera sealed in a plastic box

puertouk
puertouk  21054 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2014 - 9:48 AM

Landscape photographers who think they don't need to use a tripod. Some of my clients keep asking me, why there shots are not crisp. The landscape is not about to jump up and run away, I keep telling them. We are not in a race to see who can take the most pictures. We, as photographers are here to enjoy our surroundings, whether that's in the Town, countryside or the seaside. Take your time, get your camera on a tripod, shutter release at the ready and above all, enjoy the moment.

Life goes bye too quickly, so enjoy the time we have.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110169 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2014 - 10:00 AM

Quote: Landscape photographers who think they don't need to use a tripod

reminded me of another type, into which I fall:

"knackered old photographers who travel light" Wink

(I find even carrying my nice light carbon tripod too much sometimes so have to resort to taking landscapes hand-held. Thank goodness that along with that is the fact that my eyesight and that of my customers is so bad that we think the images I get this way are sharp! Grin )

Graham_Rainham
18 Mar 2014 - 10:16 AM

The "Derider"...

They actually believe that their make of camera produces the best images.

mohikan22
mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2014 - 10:24 AM

the "all the gear.. NO IDEA" brigade Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.