Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photographer hit at The Open

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

paulstefan
22 Jul 2007 - 9:52 AM

Hiya,
Just been looking at the BBC news website on the Open Golf and came across this fabulous quote which made me chuckle. Hope it makes you smile too. Wink

Quote: "The hapless photographer who briefly got in the way of Sergio's Open march was left with a jaw whch resembled a side of beef. But how do 50 photographers react when one of their own is felled? Rush to his aid? Round on the man who did it? Of course not, they take a photo of him lying flat out on the ground!"
BBC Sport's Stuart Roach at Carnoustie

Quality!
Cheers, Paul

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Jul 2007 - 9:52 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2007 - 10:00 AM

lol....

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012551 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2007 - 10:02 AM

LOL indeed, priceless Wink

paulstefan
22 Jul 2007 - 10:25 AM

In case you hadn't seen the full story I should point out that he was hit by Sergio's ball, not his club!

User_Removed
22 Jul 2007 - 10:49 AM

( Typical! Smile )

ckristoff
ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
22 Jul 2007 - 11:06 AM

It might make one smile, but the important thing is - how is the poor chap? That must have really hurt!!

The same goes for that other gentleman's game, cricket. Not so nice if one of those smacks your head?!

Frank.

User_Removed
22 Jul 2007 - 11:37 AM

Yes it may make you laugh but I can assure you it isn't very funny when it happens to yourself.
I suppose as a cameraman, he was trying to get the best shot but in August of 1994, I was hit in the eye from 40 yards, straight off the tee by a club pro while playing in Rutland.
(She is still my freind by the way)
The result was the complete and permanent loss of sight in my left eye. Not a nice experience but after three months in hospital and seeing other eye injuries, I'll settle for this.
After all, it could have struck me on the forehead putting me in a wheelchair for life instead.

What did I do? There's only one thing to do.
Don't mope about it, just get on with life and never trust women drivers! Lol

Gerry.

paulstefan
22 Jul 2007 - 12:07 PM

Sorry to hear that. Gerry. That, obviously, is not funny at all.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2007 - 1:58 PM

Worst drivers at golf Gerry are always men!

Normally cos they try and be Tiger and smack the hell out of it Smile

Came close to getting hit my a golf ball at Wentworth, hit the person next to me and she was in a pretty bad way with blood everywhere.

So whilst it may be funny in one way the potential seriousness should not be forgotten. A ball travelling at 160Mph can do a lot of damage.

Mind you the BBC were playing the incident over again on the news, so I presume as nothing was said that the guy was OK.

Sitting behind the green at par 3's is normally the most likely place, but as we've seen with Tiger spraying the ball all over the course on Friday and Saturday anywhere can be dangerous. Even more so on links course where fairways are often used by more than one hole.

Come on Sergio!!!
Cheryl

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225746 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2007 - 2:02 PM

Quote: Worst drivers at golf Gerry are always men!

Bit different to motor cars, then? Smile

catnappin
catnappin  7666 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 - 2:48 PM

Quote: Bit different to motor cars, then?

and ...tesco trolleys at the weekend

Great attitude Gerry , my friend broke his spine running into a wall playing 5 aside footie indoors, now in a wheelchair for life. You carry on ...thats what he is doing.

Mind you ...men driving supermarket trolleys should be banned !

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225746 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jul 2007 - 3:05 PM

Quote: Mind you ...men driving supermarket trolleys should be banned !

I studiously avoid it! Smile

User_Removed
22 Jul 2007 - 4:04 PM

Cheers catnappin. Admittedly it does throw up a few problems now and again but I'm generally much better off than some of the poor buggers I met during my hospital stay. In fact, when I had periods of intense pain, I felt a little guilty and suffered somewhere away from the other hospital inmates as they had plenty to complain about.
There is also someone on this site that doesn't believe this happened to me and their last remark on the subject was "So the golfing accident story is all b****cks then?" Well let me tell you, I've seen this well known member at FOCUS 2007 and if that pleb is reading this, all I can say is, my face is prettier than yours mate even after a golfing accident...lol

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
23 Jul 2007 - 12:05 AM

Quote: ...men driving supermarket trolleys should be banned !

Give over! My Monday night trolley rage is the only fun I ever have. It's the bleedin women who stand chatting with their trolleys blocking the aisle that need a talking to.....

(Don't get me started!)

Smile

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
23 Jul 2007 - 12:07 AM

Quote: my face is prettier than yours mate even after a golfing accident...lol

Gotta be Frosty, right ? Wink

Good attitude Gerry. My Dad was in hospital for a hip replacement 3 months ago and all he would say when I asked him how he was, was that he was much better than the poor man in the next bed who had just had his leg amputated. Mind you, he then proceeded to tell me the whole life story of the rest of his ward, at which point I fell asleep Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.