Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photographer needed

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

funkeldink
funkeldink  101592 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 6:53 PM

Just recieved this e-mail from a so-called JOHN INCE ... who is without doubt from the UK and is totally genuine ...

Hello,
My name is john ince,i work with Bowmer Construction Company and i am a from of United Kingdom ,the company that i work we have a big contract in Greece to build a petroleum refinery for the country,there i meet my finance named Susan Mike and we are planning to have our monumental or chest ration wedding on the 30th AUGUST 2007,and the wedding take place in charlton in london,so we are looking for the best PHOTOGRAPHY that will snap the great day and i think i have get the right one,and i want to let you know that we want a mini-wedding of about 40-50 invites,and i have got a wedding planner who will plan my upcomming wedding for me,but the lady she not around by now when she come back to the town i will introduces her to you, and Reception Dinner that is all,the total budget for the wedding is 7,000 including your chargers to make up 10,000 for the whole wedding and i want to let you that my company will be responsible for the payment of the wedding as they have promise to send the payment to you by installment to make things easy for us,the details of the wedding is not much as am Greece to discuss in details and the have agree to send the first payment of 4,000 to start the preparing and you will deduct your own money from the cheque payment of 4,000 and send the remaining fund to the wedding planner so that he can start planning things down for the day,we are coming to the state 15th AUGUST 2007 by then the contract will have been finished.So i want you to give me the information where you want my company to send the cheque to.The name that will be on the cheque and full contact address.....,state.....,posted code.....,cell phone.....,home phone. So i will be very greatful to read to your response very soon.
Regards John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jul 2007 - 6:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123860 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 6:56 PM

totally genuine I am sure Smile however please forgive me if I wouldn't have responded had it landed in my inbox.

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Jul 2007 - 6:57 PM

Go for it and well done.

LOL.

Smile

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 7:01 PM

well, I am jealous....

:-p

funkeldink
funkeldink  101592 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 7:23 PM

hi my name is george i am calling from your baaaank

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012558 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 7:26 PM

LMAO!!

User_Removed
27 Jul 2007 - 7:36 PM

PMSL...

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92973 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 7:36 PM

Some people get all the luck Smile

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 7:43 PM

Lucky bugger, How come I don't get any offers like this......Stop dithering and respond straight away................PMSL..........Smile

Nickscape
Nickscape  8693 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 7:56 PM

Take the 4 grand ! and the rest can get lost in the post.. lol.

Farne
Farne  8 England1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 8:18 PM

If you only get the 4 grand, maybe the photos could be done remotely with a very long zoooooooooom! er.....

jjmills
jjmills  9153 forum posts Scotland
27 Jul 2007 - 8:46 PM

I take it that everyone is on the wind-up...

Yes you get a cheque for maybe 4000 but it will take forever to clear and then bounce and in th e meantime this John Ince will hastle you to pass over half if not all to the "wedding planner"...and if you give in then you will be out of pocket.

In the last year I have had emails along the same lines, once I had to tell the parties that they had double booked the Church as both were on the same day at the same time. Also been requested to do 4 "Royal" weddings, one in LA and the other in Aberdeen.

Ask for a Paypal 4 figure deposit and watch them go...

John

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 9:00 PM

we are just taking the piss, John.

Wink

jjmills
jjmills  9153 forum posts Scotland
27 Jul 2007 - 9:20 PM

Good that is normally what I do to those guys...

The LA one I kept going for 12 emails!!!! and they agreed 20,000 plus hire of equipment and van rental on top.

John Smile

francisg
francisg  10703 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2007 - 9:38 PM

I too would give this one a very wide berth. I am not convinced at all with it.

Frank

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.