Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photographers jobs at risk with sneaky ideas.

KathyW 11 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
2 Feb 2012 10:52PM
Ian - so, reading between the lines you're not worried about photographers being done out of their livelihood, but merely a little angry about the EDP, and the fact that you sent them an image which they printed but didn't pay you for, plus they now have rights to the image? Well, that's how it is these days. We'll just have to all get over it. Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2012 10:54PM
So do tell, how are you going to get rich on the [government aided] solar panel scheme?
2 Feb 2012 10:58PM

Quote:So do tell, how are you going to get rich on the [government aided] solar panel scheme?

take the money and run seems like one way...
ianrobinson e2
5 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2012 11:17PM

Quote: Ian - so, reading between the lines you're not worried about photographers being done out of their livelihood, but merely a little angry about the EDP, and the fact that you sent them an image which they printed but didn't pay you for, plus they now have rights to the image? Well, that's how it is these days. We'll just have to all get over it.

See now there's the problem people reading between the lines/ assuming, lets face it you all have had a good say about me and i have not said or stated a thing about anyone person on here, I must be very interesting for you to speak about me so much but the fact remains you don't know me nor do you know exactly what I do hence the assumptions so nice as it is for you to pin point me out i have to say i am now getting tired of reading this post i feel the need to move on buy buy.....Wink
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2012 11:20PM
Trouble with photography is that it's a living for some and a hobby for many. The hobbyists are honoured to see their images in print and on screen unpaid. Compare it to cleaning, hardly anyone doing it as a hobby and harder to get it for free. The newspapers will have to pay their cleaners.
strawman 11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2012 11:37PM
Ian its not to say the economic condition is not making a problem but rather to say the problems for photographers existed before the economic down turn. The economy is bad, and it needs fixing, not all of it is governments fault.

And not all businesses are in trouble. Some sectors, Apple is an example are doing very nicely. Its not a uniform downturn.

Not in government either but have made 13 hires in last year. That is not a bad thing is it?

Solar panel FIT was wrong, should have been installation cost subsidy, or more intelligently a re-investment for generation infrastructure and a nuclear building program.
Graflex 11 488 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2012 8:19AM
Shouldn't that read,Bye,Bye,Ian (unless spoken in jest)

Perhaps the word Buy is not for this economic climate.
KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2012 8:33AM
Shame to see you go over such a trivial discussion Ian which in the end it let us all defend our own corner , I doubt there will ever be total aggrement in any discussion on here as the membership like photography is so diverse which has to be a good thing altho bound to cause upsets now and then, Your input is as much valued by everone here im sure, Just seemed more focused on you in this discussion due to your origenal statement and your own position which are in contridiction of each other, I dont think anyone has attacked your talents nor your abilitys.
3 Feb 2012 12:04PM
The coming of iron wheels and rubber tyres virtually put the Wheelwrights out of business.

Maybe 'digital for all' cameras and free pics will do the same for Pro Togs?

Time marches on and over everybody eventually.
3 Feb 2012 12:27PM
So true Jas... How many people claimed to be anything other than amateur photographers, or had any ideas about selling photos, back in the days of film cameras?
KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2012 12:30PM
Im spending the weekend with a film crew and they often use screen grabs to illustrate , the stills are very high quality for the web and tv ect, They are doing a trial on a HD camera this weekend so makes me wonder if the writing is on the wall about stills cameras.

Will it just be a case of taking a load of footage and choosing the frame you want, the quality may not be there now for prints but im sure is not far away.
are digital stills cameras going them same way as film cameras, we already have the benefit of duel use.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
3 Feb 2012 12:33PM
Canon 50D with kit lens

LOL

It does include the VAT though.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
3 Feb 2012 12:34PM
wrong flippin thread
3 Feb 2012 12:42PM
This is what the stress of trying to make a living as a pro photographer does to you... Wink
Graflex 11 488 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2012 12:50PM
Actually where the real fracas is going on,is not coming from the amateur market at all.

The press zombie togs are fighting amongst themselves-just watch a riot on TV,thousands of freelancers with back packs overtake the rioters themselves for the best picture,or should I say,best position,to fan the flames of discontent.And the cheque at the end of it.

It's always been a happy day in the 'street' when a good war or riot is planned.Much polishing of camera gear and lenses goes on.

All jockeying for the best tip-off and camera position.

Frankly the odd picture coming from the 'amateur' is chicken feed,the amount of space that needs filling is enormous,anyway todays news is tomorrows rabbit bedding.

As Just Jas said,time marches on...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.