Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photographic institute

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tomcat606
    tomcat606 e2 Member 597 forum poststomcat606 vcard
    27 Aug 2012 - 5:17 PM

Hi all
    The link takes you to a photographic course with the Photographic institute based in Covent Garden London. It’s an on line course’ just wondering if anyone had any experience of the course and did it help improve you photograph ‘was it / is it worth the money. I’m just looking for something to try and help improve my knowledge inspiration and skills with my photograph
    Any help would be very grateful
    http://www.thephotographyinstitute.co.uk/app/index.cfm/apg/register1/aid/qaug201...
    Steve
    Wink

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Aug 2012 - 5:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ourdayphotos
    27 Aug 2012 - 5:58 PM

I did it last year & found it worthwhile. It's a 6 month course which can be extended to 12 months although I did it in 4. I already knew much of the subject matter having done photography for over 20 years but it gave me the confidence to go out & start putting a photography business together. I now have bookings of some description most weeks including about a dozen weddings this year & more bookings taking me up to 2014, kids & family portraits. I also sell landscapes which I now have for sale through a local outlet. Many people say the course is a waste of time, I don't agree, I made my money back within a month of completing the course.

Stu.

tomcat606
    27 Aug 2012 - 6:06 PM

That's outstanding news not just about the course but yourself well done and I hope it Continues. That must be the dream of all of us stuck on the tread mill

All the very best for the future SteveWink

ourdayphotos
    27 Aug 2012 - 6:09 PM

I'm still working the dayjob but retire early in 9 years time so I can take my time & let the business build slowly without the worry of having to survive on the money I make at the moment, then when I retire I'll have this but at the moment it's weekends, holidays & evenings.

tomcat606
    27 Aug 2012 - 8:31 PM

I really hope it works out when you finally get your gold watch’ I’m just spending the evenings weekends and holidays thinking about living the dream ‘’we all have to have one ‘’
    I will make a point of following your susses on the forum

Steve
    Wink

ourdayphotos
    27 Aug 2012 - 9:07 PM

Quote: I really hope it works out when you finally get your gold watch’ I’m just spending the evenings weekends and holidays thinking about living the dream ‘’we all have to have one ‘’
    I will make a point of following your susses on the forum

Steve
    Wink

Thanks very much, good luck if you decide to go for it. The final part of the course is about setting up a business & website, I had no intention of doing this but did it to complete the course. I'm glad I did.

Stu.

RCM
    RCM  2
    3 Sep 2012 - 10:16 PM

Re the opening post, I have recently signed up for this course myself. Only on module 3 out of 12 so can't give a definitive answer yet, but so far I'm impressed and find the coursework v well written & useful in both theoretical & practical terms.

The main issue I would suggest seems to be whether you are prepared to step up for the pretty chunky course fee. (£500-550). One point here which I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere is that the course makes you eligible for Adobe's "student/teacher" discount. I didn't have Photoshop but have now saved > £500 getting CS6 extended - i.e course fee saved already! Not everyone will be in this position of course but if you're just starting out & planning to get Photoshop then this is a v real benefit, quite apart from other benefits gained from the course itself...

catgirl73
    catgirl73  6142 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Feb 2013 - 7:38 PM

Hi, I'm thinking of signing up to the course in the next day or so and wondered if anyone had any feedback on completing the course. It's currently doing the usual discounted fee.

I would say I still have tonnes to learn in photography but I have to be honest and say that I am not the more creative person when it comes to assignments. Is it down to you to come up with an idea and explore it or are you given direction in where you should go?

Also because of my job every 3 months I just seem to work, sleep and eat, if I go over the 24 weeks is there additional costs to extend the course. I'm not sure if I would be able to complete the course in time?

I'd really like to explore photography further and really want to try this.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Catherine

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.