Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photographic Model

Hostas 5 1
27 Nov 2009 2:30PM
I am looking for a female model for a project I'm doing in the Scarborough North Yorkshire area. Can aybody help?

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
27 Nov 2009 2:38PM
try a site called Model Mayhem

You'll not find many on here - its mainly full of photographers who like to be behind the camera, not posing Wink
BangBang 6 51 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2009 3:48PM
You could try here link
NickParry 9 1.0k 79 Wales
27 Nov 2009 4:03PM
The following sites will be of use:

Net-Model ... IMO the one with a better community, although can be bitchy at times.

ModelMayhem ... usually better quality models

Purestorm ... some good models, but check references

Net-Portfolio ... the new kid on the block, but good

Nick Smile
pablo69 6 200 6 England
27 Nov 2009 9:18PM
I have found purestorm the most productive
andytvcams 12 10.4k United Kingdom
27 Nov 2009 10:39PM
Net-model for me.
MattGrayson 7 622 3 England
28 Nov 2009 1:13AM
I've been on Net-Model for years but the other day I contacted James to close my account because I couldn't get a reliable model from the site. I'm a member of Purestorm and I find it easy to use but never tried to get anyone from it. I've used model mayhem and had a few good shoots from it. I've never used Net-Portfolio because the free account only allows one search per month which i think is a bit crappy. Smile
NickParry 9 1.0k 79 Wales
28 Nov 2009 3:54PM

Quote:I've been on Net-Model for years but the other day I contacted James to close my account because I couldn't get a reliable model from the site. I'm a member of Purestorm and I find it easy to use but never tried to get anyone from it. I've used model mayhem and had a few good shoots from it. I've never used Net-Portfolio because the free account only allows one search per month which i think is a bit crappy.

The whole issue of no shows is a problem with all of those sites. I have had a few.

I believe that reading references, good communication and saving all correspondence is the key. I never discuss a photoshoot on MSN or other social networking facilities. All communication is via email and phone. Confirmation has be given a week before a shoot, and I communicate even up to the evening before a shoot and the morning of a shoot. It may seem over kill, but previous no-shows have cost me anything upto 200 for wasted studio time and MUAs.

Nick Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.