Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photographic New Years Resolutions

Picture_Newport 6 659 19 United Kingdom
7 Dec 2010 8:43PM
Ok, bad title.

What do you want to achieve photographically in the coming year?

For me it is to get back into photography.

I have been a wedding photographer for the past 5 - 6 years and have recently opened a studio which is going very well.

But, I seem to have forgotten the whole reason I decided to take photography as my profession.... because I enjoy it. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy social photography, I enjoy meeting new people and the buzz you get when your clients love what you have done for them. But, I just don't seem to be taking any photographs for MYSELF anymore.

Next year I am going to get back into photography from a grass roots level, start getting back out into the big bad world and actually take some photographs for ME. I have already started to put together a few ideas and themes for projects to get stuck into and I am going to get stuck into a few landscape and seascape trips, I havn't done that for at least two years.

Sure, I will continue to grow the business and put a lot of effort and time into it but I don't want to fall out of love with a hobby that has given me so much pleasure over the past ten years.

Paul

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

john64 e2
10 824 England
8 Dec 2010 1:34PM
My mantra for 2011:

'Buy less, sell more'
mohikan22 10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2010 4:54PM
to actually pic up my camera more or get rid of my kit. its a waste not using so some one else could. so i aim to use it or lose it. simples.
9 Dec 2010 12:08AM
Well since im new to it, enroll on a course and complete it and attempt to create a little portfolio for myself.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
9 Dec 2010 12:19AM
My goal is to create great architectural and car photos for private customers and magazines, help people who need photography for their business, teach people who want to know about photography, test new photographic kit and write reviews, create images that get models stand out in castings, create portraits that people want huge prints of to hang on their walls, photograph the odd wedding to keep me on my toes, and working towards meeting all those people who need me is the biggest job of the lot. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.