Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photographic Online Degree courses

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    nikguyatt
    nikguyatt  10526 forum posts England
    27 Jul 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hi

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes! Can anyone recommend a good online photography course. Leading onto degree level! I have been taking photos for about 20 years, so not too basic (flatter myself there!). Any help would be great!

Cheers
    Nik

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Jul 2012 - 11:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MikeA
    MikeA  91150 forum posts England
    27 Jul 2012 - 12:11 PM

Take a look at OCA: http://www.oca-uk.com/ or maybe the OU.

nikguyatt
    nikguyatt  10526 forum posts England
    27 Jul 2012 - 1:23 PM

cheers Mike, I will check them out!

bigalguitarpicker
    28 Jul 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hi Nik. If you're looking for a course that will lead on to a degree, then HND Photography may be the way to go. Southern Regional College in Northern Ireland has a strong photographic bias, and is the College where I gained my HND, followed by my BA(Hons) Degree in Creative Imaging. I studied at the Lurgan Campus, where I was on the part-time HND Photography course for 3 years, one day per week. Cyber students were a part of course life - there was a doctor who used to rush in and hang pictures on the day they had to be presented. It took ten or fifteen minutes to hang them, and his pager would have buzzed 10 times while he was there! He smiled at the rest of us, nodded affably, and vanished. Needless to say none of us got to know him! There was also a student in Finland (I think) who of course, we never met, and I heard rumours of other far-flung students! One of my colleagues went on to a Masters in Fine Art Photography, look for Gordon Ashbridge online ( I don't know what degree he took after HND), I diverted a little and gained my degree in Creative Imaging. You can see some of my work on my website www.irishancestry.biz

Southern Regional College can be seen online, but like all educational establishments, their webmasters need a kick in the arse to make information easily accessible. Here's a link, but nothing beats a phone call -- speak to a human, the girls on reception are very helpful! HTH, Alex.
    http://www.src.ac.uk/index.php/component/content/article/149-higher-education-co...

Last Modified By bigalguitarpicker at 28 Jul 2012 - 12:07 AM
    camay
    camay  7116 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Jul 2012 - 12:15 PM

This is a link to someone who did the OCA course in 2009, still good reading but I haven't followed it.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.