Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photographic Restrictions in the USA

cmawson 11 271 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2006 10:58AM
Hello,

I'm off to the US in January for 3 weeks my visit will include Washington DC, New York & Bosoton plus Virginia. My question is: are there any known restrictions on photography in public places (eg urban landscapes, etc) this is relevent since the 9/11 situation.

I have tried researching this but I can't find anything relevent, can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BOB S 12 2.6k
23 Nov 2006 11:13AM
Try the Foreign and Commonwealth office web site, I have been to the USA but never to Bosoton Wink

BOB

Edit See HERE
Henchard 9 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2006 11:15AM
some info here

which in essence states

The law in the United States of America is pretty simple. You are allowed to photograph anything with the following exceptions:

Certain military installations or operations.

People who have a reasonable expectation of privacy. That is, people who are some place that's not easily visible to the general public, e.g., if you shoot through someone's window with a telephoto lens.

That's it.

You can shoot pictures of children; your rights don't change because of their age or where they are, as long as they're visible from a place that's open to the public. (So no sneaking into schools or climbing fences.)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.