Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photographing blood rain

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53528 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Oct 2012 - 10:40 AM

If the BBC news article effect happens http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20028490
    then the rain in the next few day's 'may' have a red tinge from desert sands in the south east - it does go on to play this down a bit by saying - "It can be reddish, but it is quite rare. It is more likely to be a sandy colour or brown. It's not as spectacular as it sounds."

But if you are shooting showers in the next few day's maybe keep an eye out for this effect.

A good storey for Halloween perhaps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Oct 2012 - 10:40 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CDSINUK
    CDSINUK  2223 forum posts England
    24 Oct 2012 - 1:27 PM

theres a national geographic programme going about called blood rain and star jelly dont know if anyone has seen it, , has a different twist on this subject, but i think the reality is desert sand, not red blood cells and meteorites, apparently the rain was anaylised and found to contain cells, and the star jelly apparently comes from meteorites, found all over scotland a few years ago, looks like frogs spawn without the dots, i think both are atmospheric effects no mystery involved, Smile

ChrisJP
    ChrisJP  6697 forum posts Wales
    24 Oct 2012 - 2:56 PM

I thought that we'd had enough bloody rain this year? Wink

MikeA
    MikeA  91150 forum posts England
    24 Oct 2012 - 3:38 PM

It usually leaves your car in need of a wash if you forget to put it in the garage ;=))

User_Removed
    24 Oct 2012 - 4:50 PM

Quote: It usually leaves your car in need of a wash if you forget to put it in the garage ;=))

and probably won't do your camera a load of good if you get caught out in it.

newfocus
    newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Oct 2012 - 9:38 PM

Quote: It is more likely to be a sandy colour or brown

That reminded me that my mate's nine year old son's phrase for diahorrea 'the brown rain'.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73815 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2012 - 9:10 AM

When in the Canaries this year, you could see the dust cloud from the Sahara on the horizon, unfortunately I only had my point and shoot with me.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.