Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photographing inside Ruined Buildings

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Mastersnapper
1 Jul 2012 - 11:20 AM

Does anyone know how I can arrange to get inside some old ruined buildings in London. What I have in mind is a shoot in say a hotel which has closed in a ruined state or perhaps some od closed Swimming Pool or an old hospital building or maybe a ruined warehouse. This is the sort of thing I have in mind.....

http://www.scottfrederickphotography.com/Photography/UrbEx/14093177_7KbG62#!i=17...

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jul 2012 - 11:20 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pcheywood
pcheywood  91300 forum posts England
1 Jul 2012 - 11:32 AM

In London........... Make friends with squatters !

MeanGreeny
1 Jul 2012 - 12:01 PM

Is it likely a building owner is going to risk their insurance premiums going through the roof [plus a possible personal injury suit through you going through the floor] by showing you around an unsafe structure? No - unless you are REALLY lucky.

Do what virtually all serious Urbex snappers do - find a building by doing your homework on urbex sites or through local knowledge. You'll have to do virtually all the work yourself since the Urbex sites are often monitored by the owners and security firms that protect them. Blatant 'how do I get in' questions on the sites are [usually] politely ignored until you gain some trust. Some sites will just ban you for such public appeals for info. Be discreet.

Equip yourself suitably e.g. torch, good boots to stop nails coming through the soles etc. Make sure a friend knows where you are going and who to call if you don't reappear. Study the good urbex sites for how to go about it.

Enter without breaking [part of the homework].

Leave without taking anything.

Know your trespass laws. Be prepared for confrontations with security firms and the police.

User_Removed
1 Jul 2012 - 1:09 PM

^^^^ Right on the money ^^^^

There is a wealth of information about this subject 'out there' and from my investigations into it, Simon has 'potted' everything.

MeanGreeny
1 Jul 2012 - 1:13 PM

~blushes~

User_Removed
1 Jul 2012 - 2:40 PM

Yep.

sitan1
sitan1  6496 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Jul 2012 - 6:35 PM

try the site 28 days later

ray1
ray1  10518 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2012 - 6:48 PM

Google urban exploring

MeanGreeny
1 Jul 2012 - 8:34 PM

or even explore urban googling

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
2 Jul 2012 - 2:49 PM

I'd have thought that any resulting image could be used as proof of trespass? More so if you have a person in the picture.

mikehit
mikehit  56479 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jul 2012 - 3:35 PM

If you have not broken or stolen anything there is nothing they can do.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53627 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jul 2012 - 5:08 PM

Quote: If you have not broken or stolen anything there is nothing they can do.

If i look up Land Trespass - it seems to be a crime, in what situations is it not a crime - e.g. public land?

M22s
M22s  336 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jul 2012 - 5:20 PM

As I understand it, trespassing is a civil matter, not criminal. It becomes criminal if you have to force entry or cause any damage.
I actually phoned my local police station after a confrontation over an accusation of trespassing, who said if the field was not gated locked or signed it was civil, and they actually would not attend, but a record would be made.

Just my expirience of it.

rossd
rossd  111061 forum posts England
3 Jul 2012 - 9:11 AM

I found this:

derelict places

May be of some help ( I'm interested because I would like to have a go myself)

Mastersnapper

Thanks Rossd, very helpful

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.