Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photographs and the National Trust

Billlee 8 5.5k England
9 Aug 2006 1:11PM
I recently took some pics at a National Trust Property and put some up on a commercial site, where a colleague pointed out to me that NT is a bit sniffy about this, so I checked! If you have to pay to go in then NO photo's allowed inside the house. outside OK but for persomal use only, NOT TO BE PUBLISHED even for non commercial use such as peer review etc!! If you are on NT land or property where there is no entrance fee then there are no such restrictions. So I'm deleting right NOW!! Bill.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JohnJo 9 145 United Kingdom
9 Aug 2006 1:36PM
I believe that if the NT property was photographed from a public place then it might well be ok to sell and publish for editorial use. Not sure about fine art sales.
Billlee 8 5.5k England
9 Aug 2006 1:51PM
I think you are right about that, I asked at Sandringham ( I live nearby ) and although not NT I think the same rule applies, no problem if you are shooting from an area which is public ie you are not required to pay to be there! Bill.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.