Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photography and coping with depression

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9304 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
16 Feb 2013 - 8:55 PM

I suffered from depression for years. I'm over it now but looking back i can see some of the factors that contributed to it. The worst of them was doing what everyone else expected of me. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean by by this that i now do what i like. I now do what i believe is good for my health. Stress is a MAJOR factor. It is pigeon holed by many as a kind-of throw away word but don't underestimate how damaging it is. For example... If you are in a job you hate, if you are chasing money, success, or just chasing the wind then take stock of your life and, please, DE-STRESS. I cannot emphasise it more but stress is far more damaging than most people realise.

The human mind is just like any other part of the body. If you constantly battered yourself physically people would urge you, or perhaps even force you, to stop. Why then "batter" your mind?

Just my tu'pence worth.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Feb 2013 - 8:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109966 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2013 - 11:08 PM

So very true and so very hard to realise when you are doing it to yourself - until you break Sad

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.