Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photography at its best.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Jestertheclown
6 Feb 2010 - 11:36 AM

Great stuff!
I shall look properly when I've more time but that site looks promising.
Thanks Jezz.
Jester.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Feb 2010 - 11:36 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MediumSizeUnavailable

idem dito

SteveCharles
6 Feb 2010 - 11:54 AM

Excellent stuff. Very good street work, and in many ways quintessentially British. I think a lot of it has a very contemporary sensibility too, despite being dated by the content.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014786 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2010 - 4:30 PM

Really enjoyed that little slide show

There was so much else in those shots other than the subjects - things like bill boards, cars, flags etc. that added to the story.

Should we really be cloning that kind of thing out of our photos today?

The other thing is being aware of these moments happening around you - I often take the camera into town when shopping and it's a lot harder getting meaningful shots that tell a story, than anything I've attempted other genres such as architecture and landscape.

People are tricky, they move, they see you and change - trees and buildings just stand to attention for you Smile

User_Removed
7 Feb 2010 - 4:41 PM

Quote: But under today's laws on requiring the permission of anyone in the photograph to be allowed for it to be published, could you get away with it now?
Or are there different rules/regulations with street photography.

Ken

Images used for editorial do not require permission.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315182 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2010 - 5:18 PM

Excellent, well worth seeing.

Quote: The other thing is being aware of these moments happening around you - I often take the camera into town when shopping and it's a lot harder getting meaningful shots that tell a story, than anything I've attempted other genres such as architecture and landscape

I customised my kit especially for the street, I no longer use digital, it simply does not respond quick enough, remove lens cap, switch on, set this, set that etc.

A smallish zone focusing film camera, with little or no metering, no auto focusing and with very basic shutter control does the job.

Quote: People are tricky, they move, they see you and change - trees and buildings just stand to attention for you

Simple, make yourself invisible Smile Smile

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014786 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2010 - 6:52 PM

....they'd be ringing the terrorist squad if they spotted you hid in the trees with a camera Wink

I guess a Leica M9 would be handy for street stuff - nice and small Wink

Jestertheclown

Quote: There was so much else in those shots other than the subjects - things like bill boards, cars, flags etc. that added to the story.

Should we really be cloning that kind of thing out of our photos today?

I don't think we should Ade.

I look back at images of myself taken perhaps fifty years ago by my parents and grandparents.

These were people who couldn't tell one end of a camera from the other but those shots are full of the kind of poignant details to which you refer.

The very same kind of detail that I'm removing, or excluding when I take the shot, from the thousands of photographs I've got of my daughter.

Jester.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315182 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2010 - 9:19 PM

Quote: ....they'd be ringing the terrorist squad if they spotted you hid in the trees with a camera

They would have to spot me first, not that I use tree`s Smile

The link bellow fits in well here Smile

Documenting the human condition

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.