Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photography Clubs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    dynexclick
    1 Aug 2007 - 8:16 PM

Hi Guys and Girls,

Can anyone recommend any photography clubs in the South Yorkshire area that have a welcoming and diverse membership base?

I have tried a club in the north side of sheffield that shall remain nameless, but I wasn't impressed as they did not make me feel welcome. Especially when I offered some of my work for a competition to the reply of, "no thanks we need something that can win"

Cheers
    Dynex Click

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Aug 2007 - 8:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graysta
    Graysta  91135 forum posts England
    1 Aug 2007 - 9:11 PM

That attitude kills clubs.I joined Barton -on Humber club last October, made to feel welcome, 6 months on i feel like a life member,thats the way it should work. the club has a very diverse range of members,people have joined since myself and the club has benefitted from new ideas.Dont be put off by one bad experience you will find a club that helps you along, but also will benefit from having you as a member.P.S my club membership takes me a 20 mile journey each way plus a Humber bridge toll each way but i would poorer without the input from other members.Dont Localize too much.

Graham

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Aug 2007 - 9:34 PM

Quote: "no thanks we need something that can win"

Hope you turned round and walked out.
    Ken

DavidGoodier
    3 Aug 2007 - 3:51 PM

Dead easy one mate - anyone anywhere near to Barnsley, you need to come along to the Shafton Camera Club. We have members from Elsecar if that's near you?

Am I allowed to include their site here? Anyway, sorry if not, it's shaftoncameraclub.co.uk I'm sure you can figure out where to put the www! It's a great site with some cracking shots on giving you an idea of what we get up to

I'm the club sec and will be away for the next 2 weeks, but you'd be most welcome after that for me to meet & greet. Feel free to email us through the club site, and Chris will reply (assuming he's not on hols too!). I look forward to hearing from you on my return from jollies
    Cheers
    David

absurd
    absurd  12228 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Aug 2007 - 6:16 PM

I've been a member of Sheffield Photographic Society for a few years and and am quite happy with it. There's a good mix of talks, competitions and outings available. Have a look at the web site to get an idea of what's on offer.
    http://www.sheffield-photographer.org.uk/

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.