Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photography Clubs

dynexclick 9 19 1 United Kingdom
1 Aug 2007 8:16PM
Hi Guys and Girls,

Can anyone recommend any photography clubs in the South Yorkshire area that have a welcoming and diverse membership base?

I have tried a club in the north side of sheffield that shall remain nameless, but I wasn't impressed as they did not make me feel welcome. Especially when I offered some of my work for a competition to the reply of, "no thanks we need something that can win"

Cheers
Dynex Click

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graysta 9 1.1k England
1 Aug 2007 9:11PM
That attitude kills clubs.I joined Barton -on Humber club last October, made to feel welcome, 6 months on i feel like a life member,thats the way it should work. the club has a very diverse range of members,people have joined since myself and the club has benefitted from new ideas.Dont be put off by one bad experience you will find a club that helps you along, but also will benefit from having you as a member.P.S my club membership takes me a 20 mile journey each way plus a Humber bridge toll each way but i would poorer without the input from other members.Dont Localize too much.

Graham
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
1 Aug 2007 9:34PM

Quote:"no thanks we need something that can win"

Hope you turned round and walked out.
Ken
3 Aug 2007 3:51PM
Dead easy one mate - anyone anywhere near to Barnsley, you need to come along to the Shafton Camera Club. We have members from Elsecar if that's near you?

Am I allowed to include their site here? Anyway, sorry if not, it's shaftoncameraclub.co.uk I'm sure you can figure out where to put the www! It's a great site with some cracking shots on giving you an idea of what we get up to

I'm the club sec and will be away for the next 2 weeks, but you'd be most welcome after that for me to meet & greet. Feel free to email us through the club site, and Chris will reply (assuming he's not on hols too!). I look forward to hearing from you on my return from jollies
Cheers
David
absurd 12 228 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2007 6:16PM
I've been a member of Sheffield Photographic Society for a few years and and am quite happy with it. There's a good mix of talks, competitions and outings available. Have a look at the web site to get an idea of what's on offer.
[link=null]http://www.sheffield-photographer.org.uk/[/link]

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.