Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photography Courses

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Spence11
Spence11  2 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2012 - 7:43 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good photography course to enrol onto. I have looked at my local college and the next course does not start until Jan 2013.

I need a eve or distance learning course which will teach me the basics and then develop my photography further.

I have already had a picture published and wish to nurture my hobby!!!

Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Sep 2012 - 7:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bainsybike
14 Sep 2012 - 8:30 PM

Have a look at this. The Open University course. I did it a few years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

redsnappa
redsnappa  111916 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Sep 2012 - 9:54 PM

Quote: Have a look at this. The Open University course. I did it a few years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

what were the fees for this course?

droberts
droberts  1092 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Sep 2012 - 11:10 PM

Can I suggest while you are waiting for a course, join a good camera club and get first hand knowledge from people who know the practice as well as the theory.

David

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2012 - 11:24 PM

Quote: what were the fees for this course?

You will find that the fees are 450.
I would agree with David that a local club can offer good advice. However a well recognized course will be well structured with credible tutors.

bainsybike
14 Sep 2012 - 11:25 PM

Quote: what were the fees for this course?

When I did it, I think it was about 200. Now it depends where you live. In England, 415, anywhere else in the UK (Scotland, Ireland, Wales) 220. Don't ask me why.

wicksy
wicksy  879 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Sep 2012 - 9:39 AM

Probably too late this year, but I have just completed an A level in photography at the local adult ed. good mixture of teaching and challenging practical exercises. I guess tutors vary, the one I had for the second year was brilliant and really challenged me out of my comfort zones. And good value for money I think 5oo for the year.

Dave_Canon
15 Sep 2012 - 1:52 PM

We start part 1 of our Digital Photography course at my club in a month. Ten modules of 1 hr over 5 consecutive Tuesday evening (it also includes an assignment and homework). The course is open to members only but we only charge 25. Unless you live in Gloucestershire this may not be of direct help to you but perhaps a local club is offering courses?

Dave

photoion
photoion  658 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Sep 2012 - 10:09 PM

for those based in London please note our photography school' website

we have a good range of short photography courses run by pros in central London Waterloo

please take a minute and have a look at our testimonials from former students here:

testimonials

Spence11
17 Sep 2012 - 12:22 PM

Thank you for your replies on this subject.

Does anyone know of a photography club in the Harrogate/north yorkshire area or of any good courses in this area.

Thanks again,

Chris

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2012 - 2:04 PM

Google comes up with this club that may tick all your boxes

Last Modified By KenTaylor at 17 Sep 2012 - 2:04 PM
Spence11
17 Sep 2012 - 2:43 PM

Thanks Ken.

I am going to see them tonight and hopefully they can help.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
22 Sep 2012 - 12:29 PM

You do know that you can learn the basic with having to do a 'course'
KenTaylors suggestion seems a good place to start but there's also a ton of website that offer free tutorials, course and the like.

You say you want to learn the basics, as in exposure, composition and the like?

KenTaylor
22 Sep 2012 - 5:56 PM

No 1 is manual exposure that should be mastered then become as easy as buttering bread.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014805 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2012 - 7:01 PM

Quote: Thank you for your replies on this subject.

Does anyone know of a photography club in the Harrogate/north yorkshire area or of any good courses in this area.

Thanks again,

Chris

Could try this....

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.