Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photography Courses in Scotland

Jok5 e2
6 6 Scotland
15 Jan 2013 3:47PM
I was booked to take a course at Jessops in Edinburgh, It was a beginners on DSLR. Can anyone recommend a course in Central Belt Scotland worth taking? I want a good overview I have a Nikon D7000. I would class myself as slightly more than a novice?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Taff 10 59 Scotland
15 Jan 2013 4:02PM
Hi there,

You could go to one of the Edinburgh Photographic Society meetings: -

http://www.edinburghphotographicsociety.co.uk/CMS/index.php

They have a huge membership and appear to be quite proactive in terms of events, courses etc.

Good luck Smile

Taf
fraser 10 631 14 Scotland
15 Jan 2013 4:11PM
Where are you based John? City College in Glasgow do some good courses (evening) and this lot bring some interesting courses to Glasgow from time to time.
Jok5 e2
6 6 Scotland
15 Jan 2013 4:15PM
I'm in the Livingston area. I really dont want to join a club. I'm looking for a day course or a block of day courses.
15 Jan 2013 4:30PM
There are a number of reputable photographers who do away day landscape or wildlife courses in Scotland if that's of any benefit (eg Neil MacIntyre in the Cairngorms or Allan Wright in Dumfries and Galloway). There are also some city-based photographers who offer daytime instruction; some are terrible and some are pretty good. I only know of one professional in Glasgow who is just in the process of setting up some instruction classes (outside and studio) - he knows his stuff, is very enthusiastic and passionate about photography and is a very good teacher. Don't know if he is quite ready yet but I could sound him out if you want.
Jok5 e2
6 6 Scotland
15 Jan 2013 5:21PM
Fraser if you could that would be great. Or drop him my email address. Jmushet@hotmail.com
meyeview e2
5 637 Scotland
15 Jan 2013 6:20PM
www.caledoniaphotography.com
this guy is doing day courses and i can thoroughly reccomend him.
McBrian 10 101 Scotland
15 Jan 2013 7:07PM
Barrie Spence run some courses in his Bathgate Studio which is really handy for you.
Clicky

And here's his EPZ portfolio
Clicky
crookymonsta e2
6 704 10 England
15 Jan 2013 8:05PM
Try Philip Dunn, based in Kirkcudbright. He covers a wide range of photographic topics, ex newspaper travel photographer and runs courses and holidays. We are going on our second holiday with him in March to Venice and he is a superb teacher.
Les_G 7 148 4 Scotland
15 Jan 2013 10:06PM
Calumet have a variety of courses in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Duncan McEwan also does courses, excellent teacher.
15 Jan 2013 11:08PM
Will do John, but it looks like you now have lots of other good suggestions.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.