Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photography in Churches

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: time please
Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 5:22 PM

Quote: The problem seems to stem from the original post which you stated I just laughed and carried on you didn't say that you explained that you had permission, which is why people may have thought you were being rude to the employee or volunteer, who after all were just doing the job/voluntary work they had been asked to do. You may have felt they were being a jobsworth, but we all have a job to do after all.

Because I was taking pictures of pretty lady in a large white dress and a gentleman in a smart dinner suit who were getting married, it was apparent to anybody who was even half blind that I was photographing a wedding NOT competing with his picture postcard sales.

Last Modified By Focus_Man at 11 Oct 2012 - 5:26 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Oct 2012 - 5:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Focus_Man
11 Oct 2012 - 5:25 PM

Quote: Many years ago ..... jobsworth ...... I just laughed and carried on

This was obviously back in the days when we had an Empire and ignorant behaviour was tollerated, if expected from the ruling gentry.

He could see that I was the official wedding photographer given the bride in a white dress who stood out from the crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe but you shouldn't be so unkind to the guy, he was only trying to do his job so I did tolerated his behavior and forgave him. He wasn't however from the ruling gentry.
You should learn to tolerate such people not berate him on here.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104042 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 5:29 PM

That's not what I meant, regardless of whether he could see what you were taking or not, I said that your original comment came over as if you were just being rude to someone by laughing at them and not just politely explaining, which really does get you further in the end.

Focus_Man
12 Oct 2012 - 8:50 AM

Quote: That's not what I meant, regardless of whether he could see what you were taking or not, I said that your original comment came over as if you were just being rude to someone by laughing at them and not just politely explaining, which really does get you further in the end.

As I said I always sought permission before taking pictures in any religious establishment, and ensured that I knew exactly what I was permitted to take and when I was allowed to take it. I was always polite.

This guy was a jobsworht and could not help me in anyw ay. He was attempting to protect his business which was crazy given I was taking a wedding.

I should have done more than laugh at him whilst explaining that I had permission.
[removed as unnecessary by epz]

[edited by epz - upper case (shouting) changed to lower case]

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 12 Oct 2012 - 8:58 AM
peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123952 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2012 - 9:10 AM

funny how emotions are aroused in a way on epz that wouldn't happen in real life .... time to strangle this thread somebody?

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: time please