Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

"photography is unlawful and a sin"

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2013 - 9:11 AM

Just when you thought it was difficult taking pictures, your could be now at risk of attack, you couldn't make this up

Darul Uloom issues fatwa against photography

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Sep 2013 - 9:11 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
12 Sep 2013 - 9:49 AM

Don't exaggerate - it's only portrait photography that will get you killed!

thewilliam
12 Sep 2013 - 9:56 AM

Remember that many of these folk believe that girls who want to be educated deserve to be shot. Why the surprise?

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82318 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2013 - 10:33 AM

Umm... doesn't this report say that Uloom denies ever issuing such a fatwa?

Lets not over react. It just illustrates to me that we need to respect those at which we point the camera at - everyone has the right to not want to be photographed. Why should it matter whether their reason is based on religion?

Adam

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2013 - 10:34 AM

Oh goody, an influx of Islamic wedding photography jobs coming our way then Wink

collywobles
12 Sep 2013 - 10:47 AM

How's this for a Muslim photograph then ........... Gotta be Family Photo of the year.....

2-pointless-family-photo-of-the-year-award-.jpg

Hallie
Hallie  1166 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 - 11:15 AM

Quote: Umm... doesn't this report say that Uloom denies ever issuing such a fatwa?

Lets not over react. It just illustrates to me that we need to respect those at which we point the camera at - everyone has the right to not want to be photographed. Why should it matter whether their reason is based on religion?

Adam

Allahu Akbar. Someone with a brain Wink

triumphv8
triumphv8  7450 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 - 11:32 AM

The article has changed since the original post.

Bit like the BBC - post the rumour first, to get a sensationalist headline, then follow up with the facts.

das7
das7  33 forum posts
12 Sep 2013 - 1:32 PM

In fact it has always been illegal and a sin and damn poor photography - I mean indecent exposure!! BlushBlush

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2013 - 1:36 PM

The only sin in photography should be a wrong exposure! Wink

KevSB
12 Sep 2013 - 2:10 PM

my apologies if this came over as a serious post, it was intended as tongue in cheek tbh.

Quote: The article has changed since the original post.

Bit like the BBC - post the rumour first, to get a sensationalist headline, then follow up with the facts.

I've noticed this happening more and more in the media recently, And find it more concerning than gutter press itself

Quote: Oh goody, an influx of Islamic wedding photography jobs coming our way then Wink

Always looking for a business angle, made me laugh

Last Modified By KevSB at 12 Sep 2013 - 2:13 PM
lemmy
lemmy  71847 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 - 2:41 PM

This story was in the Hindustan Times, it seems. I personally didn't know it existed and wouldn't know where to buy or view it. Any why, as a UK resident non-Indian, non-Hindu would I?

Being upset by this story reminds me of the lady who complained to the police about a young couple making love in public view. The cop who came to investigate said he couldn't see anything. The lady told him that 'if you put this chair on top of the sideboard so that you can get your head through the skylight and then hold this mirror like this, you can see them through the crack in their curtains when they have the lights on'. Wink

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53591 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2013 - 2:42 PM

"images of human beings, whether in the form of a drawing or photograph, are not encouraged."
no CCTV, passports, politicians photo's in papers, illustrated story books.

Out of context of the original intention of not idolising individuals this would seem daft - I think the guy saying this did not fully understand it himself, whether or not it really has merit to some is another issue.

Luckily we are in a big world with lots of opinions Smile

robthecamman
12 Sep 2013 - 3:15 PM

why give it media space

KevSB
12 Sep 2013 - 3:26 PM

Tbh, this should be closed down as the article has been rewritten from when I originally linked it.
Not even saying the same thing anymore. Even the title. That I copied and pasted is not the same

Last Modified By KevSB at 12 Sep 2013 - 3:27 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.