Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

"photography is unlawful and a sin"

KevSB 10 1.4k 5 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 9:11AM
Just when you thought it was difficult taking pictures, your could be now at risk of attack, you couldn't make this up

Darul Uloom issues fatwa against photography

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gundog 1 624 Scotland
12 Sep 2013 9:49AM
Don't exaggerate - it's only portrait photography that will get you killed!
thewilliam 6 4.7k
12 Sep 2013 9:56AM
Remember that many of these folk believe that girls who want to be educated deserve to be shot. Why the surprise?
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 10:33AM
Umm... doesn't this report say that Uloom denies ever issuing such a fatwa?

Lets not over react. It just illustrates to me that we need to respect those at which we point the camera at - everyone has the right to not want to be photographed. Why should it matter whether their reason is based on religion?

Adam
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 10:34AM
Oh goody, an influx of Islamic wedding photography jobs coming our way then Wink
collywobles 10 3.3k 9 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 10:47AM
How's this for a Muslim photograph then ........... Gotta be Family Photo of the year.....

2-pointless-family-photo-of-the-year-award-.jpg

Hallie 1 166 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 11:15AM

Quote:Umm... doesn't this report say that Uloom denies ever issuing such a fatwa?

Lets not over react. It just illustrates to me that we need to respect those at which we point the camera at - everyone has the right to not want to be photographed. Why should it matter whether their reason is based on religion?

Adam

Allahu Akbar. Someone with a brain Wink
triumphv8 7 451 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 11:32AM
The article has changed since the original post.

Bit like the BBC - post the rumour first, to get a sensationalist headline, then follow up with the facts.
das7 1 33
12 Sep 2013 1:32PM
In fact it has always been illegal and a sin and damn poor photography - I mean indecent exposure!! BlushBlush
conrad 10 10.9k 116
12 Sep 2013 1:36PM
The only sin in photography should be a wrong exposure! Wink
12 Sep 2013 2:10PM
my apologies if this came over as a serious post, it was intended as tongue in cheek tbh.

Quote:The article has changed since the original post.

Bit like the BBC - post the rumour first, to get a sensationalist headline, then follow up with the facts.

I've noticed this happening more and more in the media recently, And find it more concerning than gutter press itself

Quote:Oh goody, an influx of Islamic wedding photography jobs coming our way then Wink

Always looking for a business angle, made me laugh
lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 2:41PM
This story was in the Hindustan Times, it seems. I personally didn't know it existed and wouldn't know where to buy or view it. Any why, as a UK resident non-Indian, non-Hindu would I?

Being upset by this story reminds me of the lady who complained to the police about a young couple making love in public view. The cop who came to investigate said he couldn't see anything. The lady told him that 'if you put this chair on top of the sideboard so that you can get your head through the skylight and then hold this mirror like this, you can see them through the crack in their curtains when they have the lights on'. Wink
JackAllTog e2
5 3.7k 58 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 2:42PM
"images of human beings, whether in the form of a drawing or photograph, are not encouraged."
no CCTV, passports, politicians photo's in papers, illustrated story books.

Out of context of the original intention of not idolising individuals this would seem daft - I think the guy saying this did not fully understand it himself, whether or not it really has merit to some is another issue.

Luckily we are in a big world with lots of opinions Smile
robthecamman 3 1.3k United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 3:15PM
why give it media space
12 Sep 2013 3:26PM
Tbh, this should be closed down as the article has been rewritten from when I originally linked it.
Not even saying the same thing anymore. Even the title. That I copied and pasted is not the same

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.