Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

"photography is unlawful and a sin"

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

chris.maddock
12 Sep 2013 - 3:35 PM

Quote: How's this for a Muslim photograph then ........... Gotta be Family Photo of the year.....

Well, that's one way of making sure that the eyes are the focal point Blush

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Sep 2013 - 3:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2013 - 5:08 PM

"photography is unlawful and a sin"

I think that could be true of some photography I've seen Smile

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
12 Sep 2013 - 5:10 PM

Quote: Tbh, this should be closed down as the article has been rewritten from when I originally linked it.
Not even saying the same thing anymore. Even the title. That I copied and pasted is not the same

Getting worried that you might have to share Salman Rushdie's hidey-hole??

Graysta
Graysta  91133 forum posts England
12 Sep 2013 - 8:59 PM

One of the best topics I have ever seen, PSML at most of the replies.
Has hit my humour G spot so much that I cannot think of a smart ass reply.

keithh
keithh  1022797 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2013 - 9:04 PM

The idea that Graham has a G Spot has just made me force a bit of dinner back down.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314957 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2013 - 9:04 PM

Quote: How's this for a Muslim photograph then ........... Gotta be Family Photo of the year.....

Would have looked really cool against a black background Smile

redsnappa
redsnappa  111900 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Sep 2013 - 10:13 PM

Quote: just made me force a bit of dinner back down.

Hope you were not eating prawns or lobsters as that is a sin in the Christian religion.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014489 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2013 - 11:09 PM

Quote: Tbh, this should be closed down as the article has been rewritten from when I originally linked it.
Not even saying the same thing anymore. Even the title. That I copied and pasted is not the same

Getting cold feet Kev? Wink

The Hutterites here in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Montana don't want their photos in print. They don't seem to mind digital or video, but they don't watch TV or listen to radio, but cell phones are ok. I think they're ok with Hindus also, aren't they? Newspapers are fine, and pictures of people in newspapers are fine also. It's possible if we weren't such hypocrites, we might understand.Wink

KevSB
KevSB  101405 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2013 - 1:01 AM

Quote: Getting cold feet

Was just a little concerned the copy and paste title that I linked does not correspond anymore.and it can be taken out of context with my humour at reading the original . I'm glad it's being treated with humour, that was the original intension.

I spent the weekend dodging tanks and explosions so not sure fatwa would be any different from normal lol

thewilliam
13 Sep 2013 - 11:13 AM

Islam isn't the only religion to take a prohibition out of context.

The justification for the Roman Catholic ban on contraception comes from a biblical story where a man was called upon to impregnate his brother's wife. Under Hebrew law, an infertile man was able to require his brother or other close relative to do this duty. The impregnator fancied his brother's wife so he "got off at Edge Hill" and spilled his seed so that he'd need to have a second attempt. That incident led to the concept that sexual intercourse was only for reproduction and it became a sin to indulge purely for enjoyment.

Strange thing religion!

Last Modified By thewilliam at 13 Sep 2013 - 11:14 AM
Hallie
Hallie  1166 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Sep 2013 - 11:17 AM

Quote: led to the concept that sexual intercourse was only for reproduction and it became a sin to indulge purely for enjoyment.

Geez, been doing it wrong all of these years Blush

Quote: Strange thing religion!

That was polite Smile

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
13 Sep 2013 - 3:38 PM

Quote:
The Hutterites here in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Montana...........

Totally off-topic, Straycat, but the Hutterites living in the Airport Colony (an old RAF wartime training ground) not far from Delta Beach in Manitoba certainly were not anti-photography. I took a lot of pics there when I used to take them my ducks and geese for cleaning and freezing. Nice people despite being a wee bit religious. They used to go their annual holidays to other "colonies" to avoid too much in-breeding.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014489 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2013 - 5:25 PM

They are very nice people, and I've made good friends amongst them over the years at the farmer's markets.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.