Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photography Monthly Rudeness

svengali_uk 10 470
20 Mar 2006 10:46AM
I have no time for Will Cheung at the best of times, and have now terminated my subscription to P.M., but I was totally disgusted by his two-line, dismissive report of Dan Lezano's leaving the magasine in the latest issue.
He would do well to remember that Dan started & made the magazine. I thought that it was a great mistake for Archant to recruit Cheung, and of course we saw the immediate departure of David Corfield. How long before he drags an excellent mag down to the level at which he left Practical Photography?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

steve_kershaw 9 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2006 12:58PM
maybe he has been watching too much x-factor and thinks that pm is in need of a mr bad guy lol
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
20 Mar 2006 1:40PM
I once said "hello" to Willy Cheung. In person.
Big Bri 13 15.8k United Kingdom
20 Mar 2006 1:49PM
I once saw him in Papa Joe's, in Cologne (during Photokina). Didn't say hello, cos I was well gone.
redhed17 9 696 England
20 Mar 2006 5:52PM
I've never seen him in real life.

Sorry, just felt like adding that.Wink lol
scott_c 9 84
20 Mar 2006 10:14PM
From what i've seen he just does the whole Simon Cowle thing, slags it off but provides no guidance for improvement.
lobsterboy Plus
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2006 10:39PM
What were the two lines then (it will save me buying the magazine).
He might have left PP in a state but its gone a long way down hill since then Sad
Coleslaw Plus
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Mar 2006 10:44PM
I think the best magazine now is Digital Camera. The price is right, and lots of things to read. I have stopped buying PM and PP. And Digital Photo is going down hill as well.
ev 10 13
20 Mar 2006 11:11PM
Bought PM at the weekend, and was also surprised by the way Dan Lezano's departure was handled. My own opinion is that it will be a bad move if Mr. Cheung stays in that hot seat.
20 Mar 2006 11:12PM
Personally I think PP has never recovered since Big Willy left. And just recently, I've felt that both PM & PP's features seem to be so strikingly similar these days. Both seem to have a total obsession with landscape photography. There is nothing wrong with landscape photography, but do we have to have it every month? There are other types of photography that could be covered. I just feel that both mags seem to be running out of ideas.

The only mag that I really looked forward to was Digital Photographer magazine, but that went down the pan a few months ago. Someone did say it had been taken up by another publisher, but I still haven't seen it on the shelves yet.
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
20 Mar 2006 11:16PM
Isn't Pete still a contributor to Photography Monthly?
conrad 10 10.9k 116
20 Mar 2006 11:26PM
Yes - well, last time I looked, anyway. (February, I think.)

Conrad
Doclassie 9 1.1k England
21 Mar 2006 12:14AM
Yup, I agree about how disrespectful he was in dismissing Dan's leaving.

Also, the other fella who does the critique this week is a complete fool. He clearly thinks his brief is to simply destroy every photo without any positive feedback whatsoever....... a very poor magazine PM is turning into.....
jeanie Plus
11 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2006 12:34AM
I hardly buy any photography mags anymore - spend all my time here : )
adonoghue 11 519 England
21 Mar 2006 2:08AM
They still print magazines on photography??

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.