Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photography Monthly Rudeness

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

svengali_uk
20 Mar 2006 - 10:46 AM

I have no time for Will Cheung at the best of times, and have now terminated my subscription to P.M., but I was totally disgusted by his two-line, dismissive report of Dan Lezano's leaving the magasine in the latest issue.
He would do well to remember that Dan started & made the magazine. I thought that it was a great mistake for Archant to recruit Cheung, and of course we saw the immediate departure of David Corfield. How long before he drags an excellent mag down to the level at which he left Practical Photography?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Mar 2006 - 10:46 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

steve_kershaw
20 Mar 2006 - 12:58 PM

maybe he has been watching too much x-factor and thinks that pm is in need of a mr bad guy lol

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2006 - 1:40 PM

I once said "hello" to Willy Cheung. In person.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
20 Mar 2006 - 1:49 PM

I once saw him in Papa Joe's, in Cologne (during Photokina). Didn't say hello, cos I was well gone.

redhed17
redhed17  8652 forum posts England
20 Mar 2006 - 5:52 PM

I've never seen him in real life.

Sorry, just felt like adding that.Wink lol

scott_c
scott_c  884 forum posts
20 Mar 2006 - 10:14 PM

From what i've seen he just does the whole Simon Cowle thing, slags it off but provides no guidance for improvement.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2006 - 10:39 PM

What were the two lines then (it will save me buying the magazine).
He might have left PP in a state but its gone a long way down hill since then Sad

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2006 - 10:44 PM

I think the best magazine now is Digital Camera. The price is right, and lots of things to read. I have stopped buying PM and PP. And Digital Photo is going down hill as well.

ev
ev  9
20 Mar 2006 - 11:11 PM

Bought PM at the weekend, and was also surprised by the way Dan Lezano's departure was handled. My own opinion is that it will be a bad move if Mr. Cheung stays in that hot seat.

contemporary dave
20 Mar 2006 - 11:12 PM

Personally I think PP has never recovered since Big Willy left. And just recently, I've felt that both PM & PP's features seem to be so strikingly similar these days. Both seem to have a total obsession with landscape photography. There is nothing wrong with landscape photography, but do we have to have it every month? There are other types of photography that could be covered. I just feel that both mags seem to be running out of ideas.

The only mag that I really looked forward to was Digital Photographer magazine, but that went down the pan a few months ago. Someone did say it had been taken up by another publisher, but I still haven't seen it on the shelves yet.

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2006 - 11:16 PM

Isn't Pete still a contributor to Photography Monthly?

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2006 - 11:26 PM

Yes - well, last time I looked, anyway. (February, I think.)

Conrad

Doclassie
Doclassie  91135 forum posts England
21 Mar 2006 - 12:14 AM

Yup, I agree about how disrespectful he was in dismissing Dan's leaving.

Also, the other fella who does the critique this week is a complete fool. He clearly thinks his brief is to simply destroy every photo without any positive feedback whatsoever....... a very poor magazine PM is turning into.....

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105968 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2006 - 12:34 AM

I hardly buy any photography mags anymore - spend all my time here : )

adonoghue
adonoghue  10519 forum posts England
21 Mar 2006 - 2:08 AM

They still print magazines on photography??

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.