Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photography Monthly Rudeness

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cathal
cathal  9492 forum posts Ireland4 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2006 - 4:05 AM

Quote: I think you will find that the two years that PP has gone downhill are the 2 since Will left.

I understand your point, but I dropped the mag just as he left. I had watched the decline for a while. I will say however that however bad it was then, it is a lot worse now.

But the real propblem for all photography magazines is how3 do you remain fresh? Buy any one for long enough and you'll see the same articles come back. I've not bought AP for a few weeks now - since Focus - as I found I was mainly reading it for the news, and I get that here first, sooner. Generally, I think their format works well.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Mar 2006 - 4:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MeanGreeny
21 Mar 2006 - 4:32 AM

Quote: You probably expected to see Daniel Lazano's face beaming at you as usual this month - you certainly weren't expecting me! - but at PM Towers, there have been some changes. We have moved editorial offices, and as a consequence, Dan has decided to move on to pastures new. Since PM's launch in 2001, Dan has done a brilliant job and we wish him all the best."

I can't see a problem with those few lines which described this guy leaving. Sounds like the original poster has "issues" with WC or a mild case of hero worship with the guy who didn't want to move house. Reading back on the original post - it is pretty one sided and personal.

Quote: I have no time for Will Cheung at the best of times...... but I was totally disgusted ............. He would do well to remember that Dan started & made the magazine ............ I thought that it was a great mistake for Archant to recruit Cheung ......... How long before he drags an excellent mag down to the level at which he left Practical Photography?

In business, it's called "Not washing your laundry in public". Not something we practice here much.

Oh and I've never even been to Peterborough

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2006 - 4:50 AM

I have been to Peterborough, I wouldn't recommend it.

contemporary dave

Probably why they relocated!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2006 - 5:07 AM

In two days time I will have completed 3 years on EPZ. During that time I think I have bought only 2 photo mags. And one of those was a waste of money!

Nuff said, as they say! Wink

daviewat
daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
21 Mar 2006 - 5:14 AM

What else does one read on the lavy ??????? Smile)) I suppose wireless networking could be the key.

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2006 - 5:24 AM

Quote: I suppose wireless networking could be the key.

Not much use if you've run out of loo roll though.

daviewat
21 Mar 2006 - 5:29 AM

LOL then again shiney loo roll ????????????

csurry
21 Mar 2006 - 5:57 AM

Does this mean we should bring our own in November Dave?

daviewat
21 Mar 2006 - 6:14 AM

He He there may be a stack of them in the lounge Smile)))))

wolf666
wolf666  8497 forum posts England
21 Mar 2006 - 6:15 AM

I had the misfortune to run into Will Cheung at last years Focus and found him very rude and stand-offish. I saw him do a critique session with Dan and you could cut the tension between them with a knife I don't think he liked Will at all. I spoke with Dan afterwards and he was very helpful and down to earth I think there was more to his leaving than relocation.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2006 - 6:43 AM

As a friend of both I can say it was down to relocation. Dan created the magazine and spent five years developing it. Sadly, for whatever reason, Archant decided the magazine needed to be relocated to their main offices and the staff were given the choice to move. For Dan that would have meant relocation or two to three hours a day travelling, he decided to leave.

csurry
21 Mar 2006 - 6:52 AM

Oh, come on Pete, now we know that's not true

Quote: As a friend of both

OK leaving now - coat and hat both collected

wolf666
wolf666  8497 forum posts England
21 Mar 2006 - 6:55 AM

I'll take your word for it Pete as I don't know them personally but there did seem to be some genuine animosity between them in their body-language etc. but I apologies if I was wide of the mark. Still think Will Cheung is over-rated and unpleasant though.

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2006 - 8:14 AM

In the critique sectection, it seemed to be Will's job to slag off every picture, and Dan's job to say someting constructive.

In the latest issue (now Dan has left), it looks like Will has now becone the 'good cop', with his new sidekick playing the part of the 'bad cop'

Mattw

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.