Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photography Monthly Rudeness

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2006 - 9:55 AM

Is this the equivalent of East - EPZ -ers - 'Hello!' (or probably more 'OK!'). I really can't form an opinion until I know who has more cellulite.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Mar 2006 - 9:55 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gpwalton
gpwalton  1390 forum posts
21 Mar 2006 - 10:20 AM

Maybe Willy Cheung is also a victim. He is now Acting Editor instead of Editorial Director. Acting Editor doesn't sound like a secure position.

I remember that there was much concern expressed on here, when it was rumoured that Willy Cheung was leaving PP.

I have always respected his articles and opinions on photographic subjects. He is also an FRPS.

shed
shed  10586 forum posts England
22 Mar 2006 - 3:13 AM

I really can't see what the problem is. Dan made the magazine and it has been very good in the past. I still think it is better than most (including PP). I as other have already stated noticed a decline in the quality of PP when Will left. I also noticed an improvement in PM when he joined.

Let's not slag him off until we see what the magazine looks like when he has full controll. I think it will be quite good.

As others have said, enough of the landscapes. Yes they are nice, but come on, there are other areas.....

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2006 - 3:21 AM

No one made this much fuss when Bob Bargh (Pete's younger and somewhat better looking brother) was ousted from the ranks of ePz.
Unceremoniously dumped after all of his efforts in getting the site off the ground and for what? I'll tell you what, Pete catching him blowing in Ken Postcard's ear.

Now Bob makes a meagre living working in one of Keith Henson's salt mines...a forgotten man.

Shame on you.

julesm
julesm e2 Member 101698 forum postsjulesm vcard United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2006 - 3:32 AM

lol Smile

IanA
IanA  103048 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2006 - 6:02 AM

Quote: a meagre living working in one of Keith Henson's salt mines...

A hard time ahead then, with the health freaks trying to reduce the salt content in everything!!

Wink)

keithh
keithh  1022764 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2006 - 6:13 AM

It's a Low Salt Mine.

trahern
trahern  10863 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Mar 2006 - 6:30 AM

Quote: He is also an FRPS

Could have fun with that but he could probably trace my IP See here.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2006 - 6:47 AM

Jeanie I was thinking exactly the same thing. PM Towers indeed. How dare they!

Just to be an irritating devil's advocate for a moment, maybe Daniel didn't want any more than that. It did seem somewhat terse though ..

Magful
Magful  12
23 Mar 2006 - 2:28 AM

Anyone know what Dan's going to be doing?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2006 - 2:36 AM

He has several ideas and is taking a few weeks out to decide his options.

RipleyExile
23 Mar 2006 - 2:49 AM

I can see it now. In a few weeks time up pops Ephotographyzine and then things start getting interesting. Smile

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2006 - 2:55 AM

I think he might go for EphotoMag.com...

Pete - can you pass on our best wishes?

Mattw

NikLG
NikLG  81736 forum posts England
23 Mar 2006 - 3:17 AM

Quote: In the critique sectection, it seemed to be Will's job to slag off every picture, and Dan's job to say someting constructive.

I had a picture in the critique section of the mag once and it was the other way around....

Nik

paulbroad
paulbroad  681 forum posts United Kingdom842 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2007 - 5:06 PM

I think all the magazines go up and down - usually the ones in the sealed bags are the worst and they don't want you to thumb through them!
The best magazines are those which use plenty of readers pictures in any type of feature - most mags are meant for the average reader and should thus illustrate where they can with readers pictures.
I have spoken to Bill Cheung and Daniel Lazano and found them both polite and interesting on a personnal basis. Who knows what goes on in a work environment. I know what used to go on in mine - thank god I took early retirement!

Paul

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.