Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photography Monthly Rudeness

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

webjam
webjam  10292 forum posts Netherlands11 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2007 - 5:06 PM

Anyway this is still much better than in the arts and crafts department. I have one subscription of a (great) US magazine, and when you want to anticipate a challenge (with a chance of having your artwork published) you have to PAY!
Yes, really, you have to send money along with your work.
This mag is about art quilts and there are so many woman looking for recognition that they are willing to pay when sending their artwork in.
No need to say that I never entered a competion... But then again, I am not good enough either, I guess...
Anyway, that is the US now. Within a few years we are paying money to magazines to get our photographs published - mark my words!
Jacqueline

Last Modified By webjam at 13 Aug 2007 - 5:06 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Aug 2007 - 5:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2007 - 5:28 PM

Not if I'm buying the magazine!

paulbroad
paulbroad  781 forum posts United Kingdom850 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2007 - 9:03 PM

What does professional actually mean? It means earning a living from - or trying to. I have known a lot of local 'professionals' come and go. I agree that ANYONE having work published should be paid the same rate, but the professional should then be better than the amateur to get his/her work used.

Many are not!

Professional does not mean 'good'.

Paul

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
13 Aug 2007 - 9:21 PM

Quote: Professional does not mean 'good'.

Agree entirely. I'm sure we've all seen wedding photos that have cost an arm and a leg, but sadly the quality does not match the cost.

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2007 - 12:51 AM

Quote: Now they have used some images from a three year old submission when they don't pay. An interesting change in their policy. Be curious to see how many other older images they resort to using. Maybe the number of submissions has declined due to the non-payment idea.

I had not actually realised that their policy had changed, but it seems that they now only pay for one set of pics as chosen by them and the rest get a mug, maybe that's apt!

Yes, it's a bit 'cheeky' isn't it?

I had seen their new policy a few weeks ago, and thought 'Fine, and good luck to them, but I don't want anything to do with it'

I suspose I could have contacted AP withdrawing my submission, but after 3 years or so without any contact I didn't think there would be a need.

Oh well, no use worrying about it now - you never know some good may come of it.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122253 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2007 - 5:37 PM

If any of you happen to go to France, pick up a copy of Reponses Photo. Sylvie Hugues does a great job as editor. By far the best photo mag I've come across since the days of Photo Technique in the UK. Pity it has to be in French!

Sinn
Sinn  6
9 Sep 2007 - 2:53 PM

Hi! Suddenly I've become interested in one question. What is your biggest pet peeves? As for me, I don't like rudeness concerning servers, when clients think that if they pay money, they can do everything with waiters or serving personnel. What about you?

________
removed by epz - against site terms and conditions

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 9 Sep 2007 - 3:09 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.