Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photography pen pals

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: concerns regarding email etc
collywobles
17 Jan 2013 - 8:49 AM

Quote: my advice I would give to anyone who posts personal email addresses on any site - its good practice not to do it anywhere.

Becca - You are either not reading the Forums or ignoring good advice....

DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL DETAILS OR EMAIL ADDRESSES ON PUBLIC WEBSITES !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Jan 2013 - 8:49 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB
779HOB  2999 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Jan 2013 - 9:53 AM

I'm not even sure why this thread hasn't been deleted.

AlexandraSD
17 Jan 2013 - 1:26 PM

Hi, im lexi, and i will be your fwend, just send me $500 through some bank you never heard of, its kosher i promise, mail me at scamartist@fleeceyou.big.time.con

Tongue

Jestertheclown
17 Jan 2013 - 4:49 PM

Quote: I'm not even sure why this thread hasn't been deleted.

That would make sense.

User_Removed
17 Jan 2013 - 6:39 PM

I agree 100%. This is ridiculous!! All those emails there for the taking!!

User_Removed
17 Jan 2013 - 6:45 PM

I have submitted a Report requesting it is removed - but I aint holding my breath.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2013 - 8:24 AM

Someone is going to have to enlighten me as to what the big problem is. Most of the email address have been on this thread for up to 10 years! Easily time for a bot to pick them up.

So, someone has your email address? ...you get spammed..big deal.
My email has been on the web for 10-12 years now, doesn't seem to be a problem.

What am I missing?

LindaD3x
LindaD3x  9193 forum posts United Kingdom
18 Jan 2013 - 8:43 AM

Surely if you want to put your email up here its up to you... you know the score.

Oh by the way my bank account number is....610987556 sort code 17-80-95

I'm sure someone said they would like to deposit a large cash sum prize at some point after I send them 10k to verify the account Smile

779HOB
779HOB  2999 forum posts United Kingdom
18 Jan 2013 - 9:12 AM

Quote: What am I missing?

It's got nothing to do with spam as far as I am concerned. You have a thread, all be it old, asking people to put up email addresses. Its called penpals - which could be seen as a term that attracts younger members. It's a classic grooming tactic. Ask for a penpal, get the email and move the conversation off the main public area of the site. The last person to post and email was a few days ago and was 15. Ok you have removed the email now but with a notification set the people on the thread would have been told of a new posting before you removed it.

It up to you.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2013 - 9:20 AM

Quote: Its called penpals - which could be seen as a term that attracts younger members.

Do kids today still do pen pals ? Seems a bit old-hat to me.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2013 - 9:33 AM

Quote: Do kids today still do pen pals ?

No I doubt they do in the same format - facebook, tumblr etc is the modern way. This thread began in 2001 when there would certainly have still been letters written and emails sent. It gets picked up in searches. I guess we should lock it down as it is a vintage thread. Just highlights how our attitudes have changes over the years regards to email etc. No one battered an eyelid in those early days.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: concerns regarding email etc