Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photoimpact 10 - Help to remove it?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Artois
    Artois  7405 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Oct 2008 - 9:29 PM

Hello folks,

I have Photoimpact 10 software pre-installed on my Packard Bell laptop. I have tried to remove it using add/remove but with no success. It is so annoying because as soon as I click on a photo it launches the software. Any ideas in how to remove it?

Looking forward to your replies.

Stella

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Oct 2008 - 9:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Artois
    3 Oct 2008 - 11:56 AM

Anyone?
    Stella

User_Removed
    3 Oct 2008 - 12:13 PM

Hi Stella

If you can't remove it, why not just stop image files opening it when you click on them.

If you are using Windows XP, just right click on an example file (doesn't matter which as long as it's the right 'type' (e.g. JPEG, TIFF or whatever). Click on Properties (at the bottom) and then near the top of the next box it will say "open with" and gives you the option to change the program this file will be opened with. Here you can then choose Photoshop or whatever

Hope this helps

Last Modified By User_Removed at 3 Oct 2008 - 12:14 PM
    Artois
    3 Oct 2008 - 2:40 PM

Hi Barrie,
    Thank you so so much for taking time out to answer my query. This problem has been bugging me for months now. The solution was so simple and I just did not think of simply changing properties lol. A definite case of could not see the "wood for the trees".
    Stella

Last Modified By Artois at 3 Oct 2008 - 2:41 PM
    looboss
    looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2008 - 2:49 PM

Quote: Hi Barrie,
    Thank you so so much for taking time out to answer my query. This problem has been bugging me for months now. The solution was so simple and I just did not think of simply changing properties lol. A definite case of could not see the "wood for the trees".
    Stella

I think you'll find to remove this programme you need to click on the un-istall icon within the programs folders. However having tried to remove it using windows you may have deleted this or other files and it might not un-install even using this option, the only way around it to install it again and un-install it properly..

Artois
    3 Oct 2008 - 2:57 PM

Hi Looboss

Thank you, that sounds likely. I may try again but sometimes I get so lost with what I have and have not done. I suppose I should make notes as I go along so I can back track.
    Stella

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.