Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photomatix Essentials

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114499 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2013 - 8:32 PM

Quote: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/ade-osman-9649/showcase/photo/common-darter-dragonfly-32358940

I know it's all so annoying Tongue Better version to be seen HERE but I guess that's just being a show off! Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Oct 2013 - 8:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlanJ
AlanJ e2 Member 1410 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
23 Oct 2013 - 6:46 PM

Ade I think somewhere in your recent posts (I've looked but can't find it) you state that you use a Velbon Mag slider. I bought one a little while ago and find it very good. But in live view as you turn the movement wheel there is a whole lot of shakin' goin' on. I wait for said shaking to stop before firing away but it occurs to me that those couple of seconds will make it ever more difficult to get off the required number of shots. Is this perhaps my tripod not being steady enough or is it a characteristic of the slider and something I have to live with do you think?
Alan

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114499 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2013 - 7:47 PM

Might be your tripod, have you checked your ball head if you're using one? As you rightly say I have the Mag Slider and mines as tight as my underwear, but I do use it in conjunction with a aluminium tripod and a Vanguard SBH-250 Ball head which keeps everything rock solid and steady. Perhaps you have a bit of a duff one, though I've never heard of anyone having any problems????

AlanJ
AlanJ e2 Member 1410 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
23 Oct 2013 - 9:40 PM

Thanks Ade I laughed out loud at that underwear reference Smile
I think I need a new tripod.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.