Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photomoz.com my experience

19 Sep 2012 5:07PM
Having just received my new Canon 60d, I thought I'd share my experience with Panamoz.

The whole process started with me deciding that my 7 year old 350d was due an upgrade. I know there are many who will say I should have bought the lenses then body. My logic was that due to taking more and wildlife shots, not being able to afford the really long lenses and not wanting to use a converter I decided to replace witha higher MP to enable cropping and also the sale of my 350d and various other bits I've collected over the years would help to subsidise the purchase.

Anyway after doing a lot of research I found the 60d with grip for 62 on Panamoz.com, a saving of nearly 250. I was nervous about using a Hong Kong based company but having read various positive reviews and with the protection of Paypal and using my credit card as well I took the plunge. I ordered the camera last Friday mid afternoon, monday morning came and I received notification from PayPal that payment had been taken. 5 minutes later I received an email from them with a tracking number which linked to UPS. The tracking was the most thorough I have come across, showing times when it was scanned in and out of each location. Finally at 330 this afternoon my camera arrived. Bubble wrapped, boxed and taped to within an inch of its life. The camera came with full English documentation, proper UK charger (not 2 pin with adaptor) and latest firmware. Needless to say I am a very happy bunny and will definitely use them when I have saved up to buy the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 and Sigma 150-500.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
19 Sep 2012 6:46PM
Panamoz is very much recommended on another photography forum website. People swore by it and even paid by bank transfer.
Caisiel 2 17 Wales
19 Sep 2012 7:01PM
I've used Panamoz on a few occasions and bought high end Sony lenses and flash. I wasn't sure at first so bought small, they have been as good as any, but the low cost is reflected in the fact the items are grey imports, which I'm ok with. For some however it may be worth the extra for warranty and knock on the door shop security.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.