Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photos you hate looking at

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 1:12 PM

I started a thread about photos you like looking at, so here's the converse - photos you hate seeing.

What are you fed up of seeing, are there any subjects you dislike, styles which are not to your taste, fads you can't wait to see the back of - either online, in magazines or galleries?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Jan 2012 - 1:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tandberg
Tandberg  111218 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 1:14 PM

Hate these shots of that bloke its annoying
Ugly People

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 1:22 PM

was going to suggest meeting for a shoot Dave, but can't be arsed now Wink

Tandberg
Tandberg  111218 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 1:32 PM

Lol

ade_mcfade
8 Jan 2012 - 1:39 PM

bit dull today isn't it... well it is here anyway

User_Removed
8 Jan 2012 - 2:44 PM

Quote: I started a thread about photos you like looking at, so here's the converse - photos you hate seeing.

What are you fed up of seeing, are there any subjects you dislike, styles which are not to your taste, fads you can't wait to see the back of - either online, in magazines or galleries?

....those that beat mine in competitions (and there are many of them!)

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 3:01 PM

Rocks and sea of the same subject time and again and win awards for practically the same shot.
The shots he gets awards for are amazing, one will be for a shot of the sea and rocks and sunset in a Landscape format then he will put up another shot the same place same comp but 1 min difference in a portrait format and get awarded for that too.
Sorry to say and it is not me being jealous but to me that is boring to upload the same subject every upload and not learn to be diverse, whats the worst that can happen from uploading something different, you learn something new yes.

Example.
I have a photographer on friends list and now I have taken him off because nearly all his shots and processing are the same.

Now the shots are great don't get me wrong but they are the same and become very boring seeing the same thing every upload, it almost feels to me he can't diversify.
So for that reason I hate his photos.

Last Modified By ianrobinson at 8 Jan 2012 - 3:03 PM
joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 3:27 PM

In the same vein as Ian, I hate to see photographs where the photographer has clearly shot to a formula which s/he applies, over and over again, possibly in the mistaken belief that formula = style. When I see a portfolio of landscapes, all with the horizon neatly lined-up, all using more-or-less the same colour-palette and all with leading lines, rock-in-the-foreground, etc., I just sigh inwardly and move on. Boring, boring, boring! Get out of your comfort zone once in a while, why not? Smile

Rant over.

ade_mcfade
8 Jan 2012 - 3:34 PM

.....maybe I should have put this in the "grumpy Group" Wink

the forum post I read before posting this was motivated by the popularity of "fad-photos" on photo websites and the demise of photographs of what we really see in real life.

So the fads I never really liked....

music/writing/poetry layered on top of a photo....
Photos "rescued" by textures
HDR/Tone Mapping for "effect" - as in, eye bleeding super saturated landscapes, mega detailed portraits, cyber shots
over-use of plugins - some are great, Silver EFEX being superb, but often you get these "portrait" plugins that pop out Kraftwerk Dummies where there was once a human being. Or maybe a landscape goes from looking like something on earth to something on a foreign world.... nuclear sunsets and all that.
nuclear seascapes seem to be all the rage - they're fun to do, I have a go when I get chance to get to the coast, but they're all looking amazingly predictable and similar these days...
small bird shots - I guess if you're house-bound, they are great subjects as you can shoot from your kitchen table, but they leave me pretty cold - a big raptor shot is more like it, but you can keep yer tits Wink

it'll be interesting to see what people come up with Smile

f8
f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 3:43 PM

I don't like HDR photos that have been "overcooked" it looks unreal and spoils in many cases, a perfectly good pic.

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 3:46 PM

Personally I love HDR for something a bit different if done well. but then maybe I should have put that comment on your other post ade Grin.
I do agree, bad HDR images that are way over saturated do look awful, I process mine to look like a painting but keep some realism there too and I like them.

User_Removed
8 Jan 2012 - 3:48 PM

Really badly taken snaps of 'People' with not a lot on who should have been told long ago that they're past it.

ade_mcfade
8 Jan 2012 - 3:49 PM

if you contribute to this thread, go to the positive one and say what you DO like Wink

all in the interests of balance Smile

f8
f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 3:55 PM

I am on my way ade,just got delayed answering my own thread.

franken
franken e2 Member 123135 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 4:07 PM

Overdone HDR.

As mentioned above, the same old same old landscape/seascapes.

Landscape/seascapes that have been so over - processed that they take on the appearance of NASA images of Mars!

Images of scantily clad women spread across walls of graffiti.

Ken

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.