Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

photoshop

22 Nov 2012 7:22PM
Hi folks i wonder if you can help recently i have tried infrared photograph but am unable to photoshop them i have elements 10 but seemingly require something called a channel mixer but have not been able to find where to get this HELP

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gary_d 7 575 13 Wales
22 Nov 2012 8:09PM
Channel mixer is part of the full version of photoshop which is probably not part of elements, as I do not have it I can not say for sure.
CTee 8 89 United Kingdom
22 Nov 2012 8:43PM
Hi,
There is an add-on "Elements+" which can be bought for a nominal fee which will adds the channel mixer. I haven't used it myself but know people that have. Might be worth a look.
gaelldew 7 289 United Kingdom
22 Nov 2012 8:58PM
I just googled channel mixer for elements found this second one in the list, nowt to it.

http://www.simpelfilter.de/en/imaging/colormixer.html
Dave_Canon 8 940 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2012 12:27PM
Ideally, you need to channel swap (for which the channel mixer is ideal) and make a number of other adjustments. I use actions for this which unfortunately is not included in Elements either. I do almost all my editing on the Raw files in Lightroom now so have little need for Photoshop except for Infrared where it is still very useful. I would be interested if you find a neat solution because many others may wish to do the same without using Photoshop.

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.