Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

photoshop

sjk123 8 286 England
10 Apr 2013 10:15AM
hi was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction or link to a tutorial .
http://www.patriziaburra.com/hairdressing.html
i like the finish of this image .
280x200-2.jpg

thanks
simon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
10 Apr 2013 11:20AM
Wow. I wish I could help. They are fantastic. One of them looks abit like it has a Nik software pastel finish but with a whole lot of other processing besides.
Nick_w e2
7 3.9k 99 England
10 Apr 2013 12:26PM
Looks like an awefull lot of localised doging / burning, maybe localised skin smoothing. Some destauration maybe even a mono adjustment layer, except the eyes which look like they have had a hue/saturation adjustment.

The lighting is also crucial, I looks like multiple light sources. M big vignette applied only to the background.

Its similar to some of the work by Delone and Uppercut on here . Its a style made famous by Jill Greenberg and Dave Hill. Interesting both have moved on from this a couple of years back.
sjk123 8 286 England
10 Apr 2013 1:15PM
i nick thanks for the info.
but is there a tutorial you know of that i could down load or follow .
thanks
simon
GazzaG2003 11 252 England
10 Apr 2013 8:48PM
you can try this tutorial its a very similar effect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKQxvFo4lGQ
DeLone 5 5
2 May 2013 8:30PM
The problem with this kind of pp is the killing of skintexture so it has to be done very carefully. I guess there's some local curves treatment (would be my way to process it) and some slightly dodge use on a 50% greylayer. The saturation has to be lowered and the vignet is set in later. Maybe in this one the compelte background has been put in later. I do like Greenberg's work a lot because of her controlled pp and use of lights. To achieve a certain effect the main lights are very important. You'll have to use one keylight in front above the model, two stripes from the back left and right, a background light and most important a very well balanced light straight above the model. I believe the first one who used this kind of lightsetup has been Yousuf Karsh. I believe he is the greatest portrait master in modern photography. Dave Hill is another type of work. Much more scenery and pp used.
Nick_w e2
7 3.9k 99 England
2 May 2013 8:37PM
Your too modest Raudh I remember some of your early images in this style some of the best of this type I've seen, mainly because they had a twist - I loved the Dali tribute one you did a couple of years back.
DeLone 5 5
4 May 2013 3:40PM
Thank you Nick. I know which one you mean. It seems my head can be used as a Dahli Wink.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.