Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photoshop Blues

22 Oct 2001 8:14PM
A team that I regularly photograph play in a blue strip, however when I scan (Minolta Scan Elite)then print (Epson 1270) the strip looks closer to lavender! When I check the gamut warning, only the blue strip shows up as being a problem. What am I doing wrong and how should I go about fixing it? Help please!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
25 Oct 2001 12:16PM
Without seeing a photo it's difficult to comment but it sounds to me like you've set the scanner up to produce an image that's to vibrant. Have a look at the image in the scanning preview and check the levels and try adjusting those before your next scan. Also look at the Curves in Photoshop and tweak those with your exisiting scanned image to bring the image out of the Gamma warning and try printing that.
roy5051 13 11
6 Nov 2001 8:14PM
My prints on an Epson 700 always come out too red, (blues with a magenta tint, etc. lavender?); my only solution is to reduce magenta by 15 points in the printer controls, and that seems to work OK. This may be the same problem you are having.
redfox 13 1
11 Nov 2001 7:27PM
Thanks guys. Problem solved now thanks to you.
bananaman 13 10 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2001 11:19PM
Colour balance?? ARRRGHH!
Schietzsch 13 3
7 Jan 2002 11:14PM
Have you considered shooting a colour chart?
Once you have a photo of a Macbeth colour Checker, or a Kodak Colour Separation Guide, you can print it out and adjust until it's right. Save your adjustment proceedure, then apply it to any future images, at that point it's an instant fix if you save it as a Photoshop Action.
madhatter 10 1
7 Jan 2004 7:07PM
I've tried shooting colour charts when I'm stressed out trying get the colour balance right.

Although, it's best to wait until the house is empty, otherwise everyone starts to panic. And besides, it costs a fortune in colour charts.

It's far simpler to adjust the printer settings, than mess about with the monitor or scanner.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.