Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photoshop Blues

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Mark Fuller
    22 Oct 2001 - 8:14 PM

A team that I regularly photograph play in a blue strip, however when I scan (Minolta Scan Elite)then print (Epson 1270) the strip looks closer to lavender! When I check the gamut warning, only the blue strip shows up as being a problem. What am I doing wrong and how should I go about fixing it? Help please!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Oct 2001 - 8:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2001 - 12:16 PM

Without seeing a photo it's difficult to comment but it sounds to me like you've set the scanner up to produce an image that's to vibrant. Have a look at the image in the scanning preview and check the levels and try adjusting those before your next scan. Also look at the Curves in Photoshop and tweak those with your exisiting scanned image to bring the image out of the Gamma warning and try printing that.

roy5051
    roy5051  13
    6 Nov 2001 - 8:14 PM

My prints on an Epson 700 always come out too red, (blues with a magenta tint, etc. lavender?); my only solution is to reduce magenta by 15 points in the printer controls, and that seems to work OK. This may be the same problem you are having.

redfox
    redfox  12
    11 Nov 2001 - 7:27 PM

Thanks guys. Problem solved now thanks to you.

bananaman
    bananaman  12 United Kingdom
    13 Nov 2001 - 11:19 PM

Colour balance?? ARRRGHH!

Schietzsch
    Schietzsch  13
    7 Jan 2002 - 11:14 PM

Have you considered shooting a colour chart?
    Once you have a photo of a Macbeth colour Checker, or a Kodak Colour Separation Guide, you can print it out and adjust until it's right. Save your adjustment proceedure, then apply it to any future images, at that point it's an instant fix if you save it as a Photoshop Action.

madhatter
    madhatter  10
    7 Jan 2004 - 7:07 PM

I've tried shooting colour charts when I'm stressed out trying get the colour balance right.

Although, it's best to wait until the house is empty, otherwise everyone starts to panic. And besides, it costs a fortune in colour charts.

It's far simpler to adjust the printer settings, than mess about with the monitor or scanner.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.