Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photoshop CC and Lightroom online monthly paying????

Jestertheclown 6 6.4k 241 England
4 Apr 2014 8:54PM

Quote: I think they have gone down this route because of all the piracy of their software

It's more to do with finding new ways to part you from your money.

As you say yourself, they've done nothing to avoid the piracy issues.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_w e2
7 3.9k 99 England
4 Apr 2014 9:08PM
I can't see why some get upset with Adobes policy. If you don't agree with it and there terms, you just go elsewhere.

What I would say is 9 per month, for some is more affordable than 500+ upfront.

I'm sure there are those that would prefer everyone at Adobe to work for free, so Photoshop can be downloaded for free without breaking the law Wink
bppowell 12 2.1k 2 England
4 Apr 2014 9:45PM
I have a subscription to CC for just under 9 pm, I think it is a good deal.

It allows me to have fully updated versions of Photoshop and LightRoom. There are a lot of other software packages available but I do not not use them.

Barry
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
4 Apr 2014 10:16PM

Quote:I think they have gone down this route because of all the piracy of their software
It's more to do with finding new ways to part you from your money.

As you say yourself, they've done nothing to avoid the piracy issues.

Your like a stuck record Jester Smile
4 Apr 2014 10:22PM

Quote:Your like a stuck record Jester Smile

You could say the same about yourself, where CC's concerned Paul.

We're just on opposite sides of the fence.
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.6k 15 United Kingdom
4 Apr 2014 10:35PM

Quote:It's more to do with finding new ways to part you from your money
Meaning you want something you pay for it, simple. Trying to find ways around buying something is what they are trying to do, as Microsoft are and others are following.
4 Apr 2014 10:47PM

Quote:Meaning you want something you pay for it, simple.

You had to pay for it the old way as well.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
5 Apr 2014 12:20AM

Quote:Meaning you want something you pay for it, simple.
You had to pay for it the old way as well.

Sorry Jester but your argument makes no sense.
Nigwel 6
5 Apr 2014 3:10PM
Hi.

I`ve just gone for the monthly plan fort Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 for 8.78/mth.

When it`s accepted the payment's, it comes up with Photoshop CC in a drop down menu and in the same menu it says Photoshop CS6 and doesn't mention the Lightroom 5 option.

What now????

HELP!!!!!
Coast e2
6 1.4k 292 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2014 5:52PM
Hi Nigel

If you haven't got sorted...

You need to download Adobe Creative Cloud from the Adobe website. Then log into Creative Cloud using the registration email and password you would have set up when you opted for the Photography package at 8.78 pcm.

In Creative Cloud you have an Apps option. In Apps select the PS CC option and download it. When I did it I then couldn't find an option to download LR. So I logged out of adobe Creative Cloud and re-started the computer (I use an iMac).

I then re-opened Adobe Creative Cloud and logged back in. LR was now an option under the Apps. I selected it and pressed install. It worked for me and perhaps you are having a similar problem.

I hope that helps.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
5 Apr 2014 10:03PM
Something else to watch out for (depending on your operating system) is that if you have ever had to enter full administrator mode to make any changes, then it would be best to download and install using the administer account.

I found that bit a total nightmare and a right pain since I`d just upgraded my PC and operating system and was not expecting it.
Miles Herbert 12 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2014 11:26PM
Had an interesting little hiccup yesterday when my CC app suddenly stopped working and wouldn't let me sign in. In doing so it also reverted Photoshop to a trial version. Having had a little scout around this seems to have happened to quite a few others as well recently so had a online chat with support who talked me through the fix pretty quickly. Sat here now waiting for PS to download again.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
6 Apr 2014 12:17AM

Quote:Is it a downloadable programme or is it internet based?
Photoshop, whichever version you use, is downloadable and runs as an installed programme on your machine.
The 'cloud' bit in the name is slightly misleading.
With 8gb. of RAM, (that's what I've got) you should have no problems with it.
If you want to find out, you can download and use Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 for a thirty day trial period.
Mind you, in thirty days, while you might get to grips with Lightroom (you can save a lot of time and heartache if you avoid the libraries function like the plague), you'll barely scratch the surface of Photoshop.

The 'cloud' bit in the name is slightly misleading.

Nope, its not one bit misleading, it is what it is.

capture-3.jpg

More here

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/creative-suite-podcast-designers/adobe-creative-cloud-how-to-share-files-with-clients-and-colleagues
6 Apr 2014 12:22AM

Quote:Nope, its not one bit misleading,

Yet bizarrely, a lot of people think it is.
That's probably why the question gets asked.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
6 Apr 2014 12:37AM

Quote:Nope, its not one bit misleading,
Yet bizarrely, a lot of people think it is.
That's probably why the question gets asked.

Were has it been stated that CC is misleading, so far I`ve only seen you making this claim, obviously because you have never used it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.