Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photoshop CC and Lightroom online monthly paying????

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown

The title 'Creative Cloud' has caused concern with many people, asking if the software is internet based; the very question, in this very thread, to which I responded with the reply that you chose to attempt to decry.
People have also been concerned that their images would be stored in the cloud and even if those images would be retained there and lost to them, if they ceased paying the rent.
All of which has been stated, since you ask, in various threads on various sites. Including, I'd imagine, Adobe's own.
As for my having tried it, as I posted, also in this very thread, I used it for about thirty days to see what it was like and got rid of it.

There's really no need to keep chasing my posts with sniping, personal remarks just because I see things differently to you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Apr 2014 - 9:16 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315463 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2014 - 9:19 PM

As for my having tried it, as I posted, also in this very thread, I used it for about thirty days to see what it was like and got rid of it.

Yet you claim the creative cloud bit is misleading, sorry but I don`t believe it, your only gripe is that you can not get it for free.

Jestertheclown

There's really no need to keep chasing my posts with sniping, personal remarks just because I see things differently to you.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315463 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2014 - 10:00 PM

Quote: There's really no need to keep chasing my posts with sniping, personal remarks just because I see things differently to you.

I think we have been here before and I`m not chasing your post I`m simply replying to them.

The problem is not that of misleading information it is that of misinformation spread about by people like you.

Paul Morgan
10 Apr 2014 - 9:05 AM

Quote: Hi.

I`ve just gone for the monthly plan fort Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 for 8.78/mth.

When it`s accepted the payment's, it comes up with Photoshop CC in a drop down menu and in the same menu it says Photoshop CS6 and doesn't mention the Lightroom 5 option.

What now????

HELP!!!!!

Did you get it sorted out ok, I found that LR 5.4 did not show in the list of available updates so I downloaded and installed this bit manually.

Dave_Canon
10 Apr 2014 - 10:12 AM

Quote: Hi.

I`ve just gone for the monthly plan fort Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 for 8.78/mth.

When it`s accepted the payment's, it comes up with Photoshop CC in a drop down menu and in the same menu it says Photoshop CS6 and doesn't mention the Lightroom 5 option.

What now????

HELP!!!!!

It is some months since I installed the CC. My recollection is that you log into the Adobe download centre with your new Adobe ID and download the Creative Cloud App. Running the CC App you will be able to see the list of applications available. Those you subscribe to PS CC, LR5, Bridge cc and a couple of others you can install/update. You can also trial other CC Apps but clearly they want more money if you wish to extend the range of Apps. PS CS6 does not appear on this list though I do have it installed independently on my computer.

Dave

Paul Morgan
10 Apr 2014 - 10:21 AM

It is some months since I installed the CC. My recollection is that you log into the Adobe download centre with your new Adobe ID and download the Creative Cloud App. Running the CC App you will be able to see the list of applications available

From memory it did not tell me what I could and could not instal, I simply went through the list, installing what I needed, the updates for all the apps except LR show up in your cloud pane, LR is a little different because when you update this you have to download a complete new version of the software and then you will need to instal it over your old version.

Its all very simple and quite painless really.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 10 Apr 2014 - 10:23 AM
saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43954 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2014 - 11:01 AM

As a little aside, I am trying out the free 30 day trial of PS CC and must say how impressed I am with the full version of ACR compared to the very, very limited version that comes with Elements.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 10 Apr 2014 - 11:48 AM
Nigwel
Nigwel 
10 Apr 2014 - 1:41 PM

Downloaded and paying the monthly payment.
It'll be another 40 years to get the hang of Photoshop!!!
There's so much to do with it. Smile

Nige

Paul Morgan
10 Apr 2014 - 6:52 PM

As a little aside, I am trying out the free 30 day trial of PS CC and must say how impressed I am with the full version of ACR compared to the very, very limited version that comes with Elements.

It'll be another 40 years to get the hang of Photoshop!!!
There's so much to do with it.

I`ve used Photoshop since about version 5 and I have never used it to its full potential Smile

At least with these later versions of Photoshop you can customize the working area more to your own needs.

10-untitled-1.jpg

Check out the file storage section as well.

Once set up you should see a new folder called Creative Cloud Files.

3-untitled-2.jpg

Behance is useful as well, its very similar in its layout to google +, not sure if I will ever use this, but I set up an account anyway.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 10 Apr 2014 - 6:54 PM
saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43954 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2014 - 7:19 PM

Thanks, Paul...a couple of good tips.

Malc

daviewat
daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
12 Apr 2014 - 12:53 PM

I cannot find the 8 odd a month subscription at all ? Has it finished and reverted back to the 17 a month now ?

SteveCharles
12 Apr 2014 - 1:19 PM

Quote: I cannot find the 8 odd a month subscription at all ? Has it finished and reverted back to the 17 a month now ?

the offer was valid until 31st March

LesJD
LesJD  2146 forum posts Wales
12 Apr 2014 - 2:07 PM

The offers been extended until May 31st. 8. 78 pm.

www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshopfamily

Last Modified By LesJD at 12 Apr 2014 - 2:08 PM
Paul Morgan
12 Apr 2014 - 6:14 PM

And I can highly recommend this offer to anyone Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.