Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photoshop Challenge Anyone?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72301 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
14 Jul 2010 - 9:40 AM

The only thing I don't really like about the way fun friday works is how it only allows 1 day to contribute. What if we allow the entire week? Might get more entries and allow more time for creativity?

True, there is an issue about winners going MIA to start the next one. So, perhaps I can keep an eye out (being the group owner) and we can see how it goes.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Jul 2010 - 9:40 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mohikan22
mohikan22  102185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 9:41 AM

Someone did similar last year....They posted a picture and offered £10 to goto a charity for the winner......(from their own pocket) now im not saying do this every friday but maybe once a month... i was the winner of the comp and "the member" who posted the original DID send the £10 to Help for Heroes for me and posted the online reciept as proof.... i love the idea. Lots of entries were posted so theres quite a few that also think it an idea.... Maybe even £5 fron EPZ to goto charity ??? a good way to get EPZ out there too .

just an idea. dont shoot the messenger,,,,,

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 9:45 AM

Thanks we want to avoid charity mentions. To many options and too many problems for opening floodgates to charity posts.
Also prizes don't necessarily add any growth...the Monday night challenge proves that. Great prizes every week for at least a year and we get a handful of entries.
I think lets keep it just for fun...then no one gets upset for not winning. In fact do we need a winner?...lets just go for it and show what we can do. No stress no pressure, that's what made Fun Friday really fun.
Anyone can host anyone can play. Just do it!

Last Modified By Pete at 14 Jul 2010 - 9:45 AM
Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 9:48 AM

How about e2 membership for a month? That way if the winner isn't already e2 they can submit a large modifiable image for the following week's challenge.
Quote: What if we allow the entire week? Might get more entries and allow more time for creativity?

People tend to forget about it unless it's continuously bumped in the forum.

Jestertheclown
14 Jul 2010 - 9:50 AM

Quote: What you need is an emergency standby to step in should the previous week's winner be MIA

Agreed.

The Monday night challenge nearly disappeared because hosts weren't able to make it.

I remember the Friday night thing though. Used to be a laugh. I seem to recall that some of the images became quite erm, interesting!

Jester.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 9:54 AM

Quote: How about e2 membership for a month? That way if the winner isn't already e2 they can submit a large modifiable image for the following week's challenge.

I don't mind doing that but I think the prize aspect kills the fun aspect for some to an extent. We have competition everywhere here's a relaxing fun thing, no worries f you don't win just show your stuff. We don't need the winner to upload next week. Just maybe have a list as it goes along (in this forum) like we do with Guest Editor where the next person agrees to upload one (as they know they will be free)
Say David uploads the first as he's reviving it. I don't mind finding one for week two...and so on?

Jestertheclown
14 Jul 2010 - 10:16 AM

Quote: I think the prize aspect kills the fun aspect for some to an extent.

I agree Pete.

As you say, there are plenty of competitions out there if any of us want them.
I'd rather see images along the lines of the vicar ones in Boyd's link.
Let's just have a laugh, be a bit irreverent and upload whatever you can come up with, provided it's not too outrageous. (Although, preferably, as outrageous as you can get away with!)

Count me in to host it for a week or two if you like.

I've been getting pretty disillusioned about this site of late (you may have noticed)!
This might be just what I need.

Jester.

Pete
14 Jul 2010 - 10:26 AM

I decided I couldn't wait lol
First challenge
choose to do fun stuff or competitive/skill, or both, and whenever - no time limit - no prize just a bit of effort.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.