Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photoshop colouring...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mohikan22
    mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jul 2012 - 1:38 PM

ok now before you say go here here and here.... I have looked. I have a slight issue with CS6. i shoot in RAW and in Adobe rgb in camera. My screen is calibrated weekly with my Huey Pro and kept on for auto light adjustments. Now when i have finished editing all looks real good. i resize and then SAVE FOR WEB. With monitor colour ticked, 100 quality , original tab open, progressive ticked and embed colour profile ticked, Convert to Srgb ticked. the colours in the "save for web box are bolder and more contrasty, when i then upload to the web the images are DARKER still than save for web?????

i did a screen print. opened the image with PS and everything is lighter>>>>???? ARGHHH!!!!

suggestions?
    Bigger image here.....DROPBOX

Last Modified By mohikan22 at 24 Jul 2012 - 1:42 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Jul 2012 - 1:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH
    GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jul 2012 - 1:42 PM

Yes, don't have monitor colour ticked, because it subjects the image to the vagaries of your monitor's gamut WITHOUT colour management. Internet Standard sRGB or Document Profile would be better.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    mohikan22
    mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jul 2012 - 4:53 PM

Quote: Yes, don't have monitor colour ticked, because it subjects the image to the vagaries of your monitor's gamut WITHOUT colour management. Internet Standard sRGB or Document Profile would be better.

Thanks ill give that a bash on my next image and see what happens....

chase
    chase Critique Team 91118 forum postschase vcard England240 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jul 2012 - 5:10 PM

What colour space have you got set in Photoshop? If you are shooting in Adobe rgb then I reckon your working colour space should match.
    Sometimes if you have' Perceptual' ticked in your options that can make a difference too.

User_Removed
    25 Jul 2012 - 11:18 AM

Needn't match but should be just as wide or wider.

Envisage working colour space like a cake mixing bowl.

Ingredients such as original pixels, levels, sharpening all mixed together in a big bowl (bigger the better) then the final mix output into a smaller cake tin. An sRGB jpg cake tin if for the web, a CMYK tin if for process printing etc.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    GlennH
    GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jul 2012 - 12:41 PM

When converting between RGB colour spaces you'll get a Relative Colorimetric rendering intent, so Perceptual is ineffective for web photos.

Might be worth mentioning, also, that OpenGL settings in Preferences can adversely affect colour in 'Save for Web' if set too high for your computer.

The colour can also easily change if you use a browser without colour management (it'd match save for web's 'monitor colour' in that instance). Providing you've converted the file to sRGB and preferably embedded the profile, the majority of others will see the picture roughly as it appears to you within Photoshop.

Last Modified By GlennH at 25 Jul 2012 - 12:42 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.