Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photoshop colouring...

mohikan22 10 2.2k 1 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2012 1:38PM
ok now before you say go here here and here.... I have looked. I have a slight issue with CS6. i shoot in RAW and in Adobe rgb in camera. My screen is calibrated weekly with my Huey Pro and kept on for auto light adjustments. Now when i have finished editing all looks real good. i resize and then SAVE FOR WEB. With monitor colour ticked, 100 quality , original tab open, progressive ticked and embed colour profile ticked, Convert to Srgb ticked. the colours in the "save for web box are bolder and more contrasty, when i then upload to the web the images are DARKER still than save for web?????

i did a screen print. opened the image with PS and everything is lighter>>>>???? ARGHHH!!!!

suggestions?
Bigger image here..... DROPBOX

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
24 Jul 2012 1:42PM
Yes, don't have monitor colour ticked, because it subjects the image to the vagaries of your monitor's gamut WITHOUT colour management. Internet Standard sRGB or Document Profile would be better.
mohikan22 10 2.2k 1 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2012 4:53PM

Quote:Yes, don't have monitor colour ticked, because it subjects the image to the vagaries of your monitor's gamut WITHOUT colour management. Internet Standard sRGB or Document Profile would be better.

Thanks ill give that a bash on my next image and see what happens....
chase e2
9 1.1k 242 England
24 Jul 2012 5:10PM
What colour space have you got set in Photoshop? If you are shooting in Adobe rgb then I reckon your working colour space should match.
Sometimes if you have' Perceptual' ticked in your options that can make a difference too.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2012 11:18AM
Needn't match but should be just as wide or wider.

Envisage working colour space like a cake mixing bowl.

Ingredients such as original pixels, levels, sharpening all mixed together in a big bowl (bigger the better) then the final mix output into a smaller cake tin. An sRGB jpg cake tin if for the web, a CMYK tin if for process printing etc.
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
25 Jul 2012 12:41PM
When converting between RGB colour spaces you'll get a Relative Colorimetric rendering intent, so Perceptual is ineffective for web photos.

Might be worth mentioning, also, that OpenGL settings in Preferences can adversely affect colour in 'Save for Web' if set too high for your computer.

The colour can also easily change if you use a browser without colour management (it'd match save for web's 'monitor colour' in that instance). Providing you've converted the file to sRGB and preferably embedded the profile, the majority of others will see the picture roughly as it appears to you within Photoshop.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.