Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photoshop CS2 books

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    freckles
    freckles  8
    21 Nov 2005 - 11:23 PM

Hello everyone Smile

I was reading the book reviews on this site and noticed that 'The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers' by Scot Kelby was given an excellent review and 5 stars. I searched for the book and found he has an updated one called 'The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)'.

I was wondering if anyone has used this book or heard if it is as good (maybe its the same, just updated), or has another book they can suggest for Photoshop CS2.

Thanks, Andrea

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Nov 2005 - 11:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

contemporary dave
    21 Nov 2005 - 11:31 PM

Dunno about the updated version, but after I read a recommendation about Kelby's book on this forum, I bought it. I must say its very good indeed.

tonymidd
    tonymidd  1198 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 Nov 2005 - 12:25 AM

I've Kelby's CS book and it is excelent and most of it is of use in CS2.
    I've been given 'Adobe Photoshop CS2 for photographers' by Martin Evening and while a very different approach to Kelby I've found it very useful.

Tony

bill777
    bill777 e2 Member 11164 forum postsbill777 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Nov 2005 - 1:51 AM

Same here. I've got the Kelby CS book and it is excellent. I've now just bought the Martin Evening one for CS2 and that is first class as well. These two authors have always received good reviews for their books and while they do have different approaches both work well for digital photographers in particular.

Bill

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Nov 2005 - 7:07 AM

Andrea,

I have the book (The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers) and finished reading it. And I think it is excellent.
    Boyd has it too, I think.

Cole

freckles
    freckles  8
    22 Nov 2005 - 3:38 PM

Thank you Tony, Bill and Cole! I appreciate you letting me know how you have found it using Kelby's book. It sounds exactly what I'm after...

I have now added it to the top of my Christmas list and can't wait to have a read through. I need all the help I can get in Photoshop Smile Jonhjrp and Petermar (work colleges and e2 members) have been very helpful, but its hard to watch someone do it with ease and then try and remember what was or done how it was done. Smile

Thanks again... Oh, by the way, your portfolios (for those who have them) are amazing!

Andrea

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014945 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Nov 2005 - 3:49 PM

Take a look at 123di.com.

freckles
    freckles  8
    22 Nov 2005 - 8:24 PM

Thank you Denny,

I have had a quick look on the site, however will go back in and try it and/or download the demo tomorrow (home sick today, and not much is making sense Smile. Thank you for you're comment and further information on one of my shots. It sounds like a great learning book. Smile I have also popped into your gallery, and you also have fantastic shots. I will have a better look tomorrow.

Keep well everyone Smile
    Andrea

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.