Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photoshop Cs3

n8trm 7 4.4k United Kingdom
31 Oct 2008 2:58PM
Has anyone downloaded Photoshop Extended Cs3 from wowsoft for 19.99.
It sound too good to be true, and that means it usually is, but if you know better......

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
31 Oct 2008 3:28PM

Quote:It sound too good to be true

True.

Run Away.
hook 7 706 England
31 Oct 2008 4:52PM
I dont think so!!!!!!

on average 300-450

Maybe its a plugin !????????
Geraint 8 715 34 Wales
31 Oct 2008 5:00PM
Yep - run away if you want to buy a legitimate copy. I just bought CS3 Extended from an Amazon Marketplace Seller (Citrus Software) for 289. It was listed as CS3, but when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was the Extended version. I'm not sure if you can get it much cheaper legitimately to be honest (I searched for quite a while).
Geraint
NikLG 9 1.7k England
31 Oct 2008 5:17PM
That's pretty good that ( the above price ). Think I might get it...not bothered about 4, and still use 2 in work. I did buy elements but I hate it's limitations and it's GUI...
Cheers for the heads-up Smile
Nik

EDIT: It says at their Amazon site that you can upgrade it to 4 for free as well...seems like a bargain...or too good to be true again...hmm
Geraint 8 715 34 Wales
31 Oct 2008 5:26PM
I had to buy CS3 after changing motherboards over the weekend - had to scrap my entire hard drive, and as I'd inherited it from my father (with CS2 on it) I had to bite the bullet and buy CS3. Still not quite getting the hang of some of the new features! Not sure what benefits I'll get from the Extended version though!
31 Oct 2008 5:27PM
The extended student versions of CS3 are available from about 125, are the student applications cut down in any way
Steve
Geraint 8 715 34 Wales
31 Oct 2008 5:33PM

Quote:It says at their Amazon site that you can upgrade it to 4 for free as well...seems like a bargain...or too good to be true again...hmm

Just seen that. I'm going to investigate it - sounds amazing. Or too good to be true as you say!
Geraint 8 715 34 Wales
31 Oct 2008 5:47PM
Just logged a report with Adobe, and will get a response within 1 business day (so Monday probably). I'll update the thread when I have more info. Thanks Nick for the heads up on this!
da_nige 10 1.2k Scotland
31 Oct 2008 6:05PM
Steve

the Student version is just the same as the non-student version. The only difference is you have to prove you are a student before you can use it.
mrcal 10 1.0k
31 Oct 2008 6:32PM

Quote:Steve

the Student version is just the same as the non-student version. The only difference is you have to prove you are a student before you can use it.

And it's only licensed for non-commercial use.
NikLG 9 1.7k England
31 Oct 2008 7:28PM
Geraint, did that copy you bought get registered and everything legitamately ? Like, is the copy of CS3 you bought a 'real' copy, with proper licenses and everything ? I am not tha fussed about the upgrade, but at that price I will probably buy it from them ( CS3 ) provided it's all fine...
Geraint 8 715 34 Wales
31 Oct 2008 7:37PM
Yes - a legitimate copy. Factory sealed with the serial number on the enclosed dvd case. Registered no problem. In the report I logged with Adobe I put down the serial number, so if it is a copy it should be flagged up...Maybe it'd be an idea to wait until I get a reply from Adobe before you buy it? Just in case...?!
Geraint 8 715 34 Wales
31 Oct 2008 7:47PM
Maybe I should stress that I didn't order the Extended version - the one I ordered was just CS3, but I received the Extended version. Whether this was a mistake in the company's listing, or in the delivery I don't know...
NikLG 9 1.7k England
31 Oct 2008 8:35PM
If it registered OK it's probably all legit....knowing my luck I'll wait till Monday and theyy'll all be sold ....

Nik

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.