Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photoshop CS4 and Windows 8

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    td1556
    td1556  8 United Kingdom
    22 Apr 2013 - 6:56 PM

I am thinking of updating my PC and I guess this will come with Windows 8. Does anyone know of any compatability problems with Photoshop CS4 and Windows 8?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Apr 2013 - 6:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Bravdo
    Bravdo  6 United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2013 - 7:15 PM

Dont know of any, but would suggest either a mac or buy windows 7, no issues on win 7 as i ran cs4 for quite some time.

Barry

GarethRobinson
    22 Apr 2013 - 7:44 PM

It works fine.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2013 - 8:34 PM

Yup it works fine. 8 is basically a tiny service pack to 7 so that it would be difficult to see where it would get problem anyway.

LensYews
    LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2013 - 8:39 PM

I don't have any problems with cs4 on Windows 8, I do however have lots of problems with windows 8 - I upgraded a PC that was a couple years old and windows 8 doesn't recognise half the hardware, spent ages upgrading drivers and firmware and its still crashed 5 times so far, twice leaving me with the only option of wiping the whole PC and starting again. It appears very much designed for tablets and ignored for PCs, so I'd suggest not going for Windows 8 until at least the first service pack is out and only for a fairly new machine. You should be fine if you are buying pre-installed. Also be warned if you like to shut your PC down at night, the shutdown process is now both hidden and requires four mouse clicks - its designed to stay on all the time and just hibernate (tablet style).

Jestertheclown
    22 Apr 2013 - 8:52 PM

Lens Yews,
    I don't know why you're having problems but there's no reason that I can think of for them to be occurring. Particularly if your machine's only a couple of years old.
    What hardware is it that's misbehaving?
    I'm using Windows 8 on a 5 year old, 32bit Dell with 2gb. of RAM and it installed, recognised all of my old hardware etc. straight away.
    It does obviously have the tablet style interface but I only see that when it starts up.
    If you instal a (free) aftermarket start menu, you'll find yourself looking at Windows 7. It even defaults to the desktop rather than the tiles.
    Shutting it down is exactly the same process as I used to use with XP and on the Windows 7 machines we've got at the school where I work. Both of which systems, incidentally, will also hibernate if you leave them for long enough.

LensYews
    22 Apr 2013 - 9:18 PM

My main issues, mostly 3rd party to the June 2011 Dell 410 XPS were the Nvidia driver wasn't supported which fatally crashed the system, HP LP2475w firmware and driver - having a blank screen doesn't help on the first occasion on the second it lost the USB power connection to the monitor killing the usb hub, WesternDigitial external drive Driver & controller software, BIOS needed upgrading, Mcafee anti-virus suite required registry changes before it would reinstall, BT broadband support software just won't work (win 8 lost the networking connections a couple of times) and Lightroom 4 isn't terribly stable. CS4 is fine however.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2013 - 9:22 PM

LensYews - what OS did you upgrade from ?

LensYews
    22 Apr 2013 - 9:48 PM

Windows 7, which was preinstalled and I never had any real issues with until service pack 2 caused a few gremlins. Mainly because I had tried to move from McAfee to AVG, and the change failed to fully remove McAfee (I later gave up and removed AVG and reinstated McAfee)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.